Thanks to Citalopram I'm finally able to say 'I'm back to my old self again'

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've not been on this site much lately because I don't need the support anymore.  After going through hell I'm now better.

Most of the posts on here are when people are having diffuculties and I was the same.  When I was at my worst I spent hours on this forum looking for some positives.  Well i'm better now.  I was lower than low only a few months ago and now I'm looking forward to the future and realise that all the negative thoughts I was having were not facts.

I'm feeling confident again and looking forward to the  future.  Keep this in mind when you are feeling low because I thought the medicines were not working for me and that I should up my dose and that I'd never be well again and all the negatives you can think of, but they are not true, they are just the thoughts you have when you are in a bad place.

Stay strong and have faith.  You will get there like I did, it's only a matter of time.

I've just been to an interview and been offered the job, so feeling over the moon.  I could never have done this 1-2 months ago.

There is light at the end of this tunnel.

Good luck & stay positive. xx

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone.

I am new to here and I just came across this post whilst frantically searching the internet for awnsers.

I have been on 20mg of citalopram since February 2016. When I first started taking the medication I had initial really bad side affects, heightened anxiety being one, irrational thoughts, obsessing over stupid things, questioning myself constantly... I started on 10mg then upped to 20mg after a few weeks - a month .. I felt much much better! I had my life back.... then unfourently I came crashing back down with a bang on the 23rd of April 2017, ever since then I've been an anxious mess... over absolutely nothing. Just started out of the blue, nothing has changed in my life, I have two beautiful children. I have an amazing fiancé.. my doctors have upped me to 30mg which I took my first tablet today 9/5/17 ... today I've just felt tired, yawning, headache etc... guessing that's because of the extra 10mg I took. Anxiety is still there, worse in the mornings and gets better by the evening. Anyone know how long it should take for side affects to ware off and the increased dosage to kick in? As I've already been on the pill a year, I am hoping that it may not take as long because it's already in my system.

Thank you.

Kaylie

• Posted

Hi Kaylie, sorry for not responding only just seen your post.  How are you doing now?  Hope things are improving.  I also have come crashing down after a good spell and have starting worrying whether i'll ever get better.

The last week I have started to feel very down again and reading your post seems like I have very similiar side-effects.

I'm hoping your increased dose has settled down now and you're feeling better, I have heard it takes about 5-6 weeks again to settle down.

Good Luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.