The blue Badge Assessment coming up soon.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, I have had Crohn’s for 20 years now. Diagnosis, 1, Stricturing small bowel Crohn’s Disease with minimal colonic involvement. 2, seronegative arthropathy. had my work contract terminated on ill health September 2015, I am only taking azathioprine 50mg, as tried all other meds. I have been awarded ESA Support Group & PIP Mobility Daily Standard for 2 years, I am writing to today to ask what may happen at the Assessment? and how everyone got on with them? Thanks for reading, Twiglet

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all, this is Twiglet12 here! I messed my account up so I had to sign up again and had to change my email address as the website would not let me in.

so just to let you know I rang the Council yesterday and I was told that I have been refused a blue badge and a letter was sent out on Tuesday, with reasons why I had been refused.

I did ask for reason why I had been refused and the person on the phone said that they were not able to tell me and the letter could take up to a week!

thanks twiglet,

• Posted

I got my badge after I got DLA. Now that the DLA has stopped and I have no car as it was repossessed by mobility I have sent it back. Maybe you would be able to claim mobility from PIP?
    • Posted

Thanks Billy, I'm on PIP, but I only scored 4 points for mobility. Twiglet,

• Posted

i if you have appealed the decision and do not agree with the decicion then please consider making a complaint to your local council if you then dont agree with their decision and feel its been wrongly handled then you can take it up with The Local Government Ombudsman also get your local mp involved you can find out who that is by going on the parliment website
  • Posted

Hi all, I received a letter this morning on their decision. I regret to inform you that your application has been declined as you have not met the criteria to be awarded a badge.

you were assessed against the Department For Transport Good Practice and IMA Proforma to ensure the assessment was in-line with the legislation that governs the Blue Badge Scheme. I am afraid there is no further appeal at this time.

so that the end on that, over 4 months!!!!

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this. I've been reading online about Blue Badge appeals and it seems appealing does depend on your local authroity. Most let you appeal but there are some that don't allow you to. I know if you don't automatically meet the criteria then they did get a lot tougher. It depends on how far you can walk but i'm not sure how far there criteria is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.