The blues....

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello Lovely Community

After an idiotic mistake in dosaging And a roller coaster of ups and downs, I am back on 10 mg of pred. after a burst  to 30 25 20  a month ago, due to return of symptoms , including headaches.

I was able to completely enjoy my daughters wedding on that dose which was a blessing , but now the journey down has been diffucult.

I had consolidated some bottles of pills( really couldn't they color code these? ) and what i thought were 10s were fives so I went from 15 to 7.5 not the 12.5 I thought i was doing.

And I could feel it with return of most symptoms, which is concernig because my dr is talkibg methotrexate if cant get below 7.5 

I really dont want to do that.

But my primary concern is the major blues, I can cry at the drop of a hat, short tempered and pretty much lack of interest in anything..

I havent experienced this ever since starting this all in March, 

Thinking  from all the fast ups and downs?

Also as the last time I got to 5 (short lived)  I start to see weight gain 

where I always lose  at higher doses.. 

Everything is out of control including this post😱

Thanks. in advance for any thoughts

g

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

gina, I know the feeling, been there done that. I get my Pred from local pharmacy, same little bottle, all strengths white. I marked on the container cover with a marker what was inside 1,5 or 10 no more problems. Thinking positive and smiling. 🙂

• Posted

Hi Michdonn

Thank you, I will do that! And thank you for supportive wishes. 

I have a weekly daily container, which of course as I wrote   I  filled with the wrong dose pills for many weeks  Probably would never have figured it out if not for the fact when I refilled my tens and the pills were so much larger than the 5s I thought were 10s. 

Have it staightened out, will have to ride this out..

g

• Posted

gina, I take so many different things I have lay my pills out for the day, each morning. Believe me, I goofed the pills up so many different ways, but I still here to talk about it. Thinking positive with a smile on my face.🙂

• Posted

Hi gina30088

I am sorry to hear you are feeling very down....i went through that big time!!..to keep track of my tapering i kept a diary. It really helped as some days i was so fatigued and down i couldn't think straight......i wish you well gina30088 in getting passed the bad spell in your tapering.....

• Posted

Thanks Lillian for your kind words and support

did you notice the blues with tapering or increasing?

• Posted

Hi gina30088

I was very up and down with mood and temperament and would get very very emotional for the slightest thing especially around 10mg -6mg....i seemed to level off slightly at 5mg and a little better tapering from 5mg to zero...but i never really felt myself until approx 6 months after coming off preds....i have been off them now for approx 11 months and am feeling very normal and like my old self before preds.....keep going gina30088 you will get there..its a bumpy road..but there is a light at the end of the tunnel..just keep heading towards it!!....my sincere best wishes to you gina30088.....

• Posted

Many thanks lillian

Not that I want anyone else to experience these things  it  is good to hear the similarities 

It helps immensly to know this too will pass

Be well Gina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.