The constant TINNITUS

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've read about the meds for vertigo, thx for that, but how do u guys try to control the relentless sound? I started the hearing aids a month ago.. not working..please help if any body knows!!???thx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

ask your ENT to prescribe 0.5mg Ativan.  Use twice/day when tinnitus at it's loudest.  Put the pill under your tongue and it will dissolve within a few minutes.  Also, read other threads on this forum for additional ideas.

• Posted

Hi, I've been on klonipin for several years, maybe need to switch it? Same kind of medication.. desperation setting in

• Posted

Hi Cathy,

My Tennitus is so bad it keeps me up at night all night. I bought 1 hearing aid also (what a waste of money) did not  help me at all. For me the tennitus seems to be worse when my ear is plugged and feels full. Depending on the weather if its moist out its worse. If its hot and dry it seems to not be as loud. There is no medication that helps the tennitus. 

• Posted

It is so frustrating..hard to get through the day some days, forget the sleep..
    • Posted

My tinnitus is also worse when I have the fullness in my ear.  Diuretics alleviate the fullness and tinnitus but I have to be careful not to become too dehydrated as that leads to worse problems (dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion).   I have not tried hearing aids yet as I can not afford them.   
  • Posted

My tinnitus was unbearable. I started using CBD oil and it has all but disappeared.

• Posted

HI Cathy,

I know it can be unbearable at times however unfortunately with menieres you will have that. I know barometric pressure plays a part with menieres as well due to the pressure in the air.  I always knew when a storm was brewing or coming in due to the pressure in my ear would rise and the tinnitus would go nuts.  I am post labyrinthectomy and was told prior to surgery could still have it even after surgery.  Nothing they could really do about it.  THANK GOD I was a lucky one and have very minimal and its only occasionally.  I know you probably already know salt plays a huge role in this disease.  I tried to stay to the strict 1000mg per day however occasional I did go over and new the minute I did as the tinnitus would go nuts.  Just telling you my experience and what my doc has said.  Wish you the best.

• Posted

I do watch my salt intake I always have since I got this stupid disease I guess I have to try harder and not have any salt maybe that'll help I am on a diuretic already just wish somebody would come up with a remedy sorry you guys have to deal with it as well keep in touch and keep me informed thank you

• Posted

Cathy, In the same boat trying klopin , hearing aids.diet. relaxation exercises. Yoga. I am going to increase my beta histamine as someone suggested.
    • Posted

Guess I'll ask my ENT for the beta histamine I got to try something

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.