The crazy symptpms of perimenopause....

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hello beautiful ladies! I know all of us are on this sight for a reason...our crazy and at times unbearable symptoms! I kind of wanted to reach out and let you know my symptoms so some of you feel less alone and maybe a bit less crazy (although I think it's too late for me, lol!) Here is my list and I am sure I will be forgetting some!

-Exhaustion! Ladies, I feel like I am walking through mud. Some days even the littlest things make me feel like I climbed Mt. Everest!( I take all my vitamins including iron)

-Insomnia...I sleep maybe 4 hours at the most

-Weight gain..I have gained so much weight, and I haven't changes my eating habits. Exercising is definitely difficult at this stage, but I have been taking walks and am hoping that will help. I feel as long as I am eating right, drinking, and taking my vitamins, at some point the weight will start to come off.

-Anxiety..Oh goodness, this has to be one of my worst symptoms. I have suffered from anxiety and panic most of my life, but it has definitely gone into overdrive. I am constantly jittery, jumpy, overwhelmed, stressed, and all the other lovely symptoms! I honestly want to jump out of my skin most days..

-Dizzy/off balance/vertigo...Yep. Basically I have one of those 24/7. The best part is feeling like you are drunk, but didn't have the pleasure of drinking anything, lol!

-Sinus/ear issues...I feel like my sinuses are constantly acting up and my ears feel plugged/clogged most of the time. So there's that, lol.

-Rib pain/tightness..This is a fun one. It makes you feel like there is a tight banned wrapped around you and you can't breath. Makes for a fun time...

-Head pressure/tightness/cotton head...No explanation needed. This one stinks.

-Dryness...Everywhere...My hair, scalp, skin, eyes, lips, nose, vagina..you name it. There is not enough moisturizer, eyes drops, nose spray, chapstick and conditioner in the world for this..

-Numbness/tingling...I get it on my face, legs, arms, feet, lips. I have been having this for years. I do have fibromyalgia, but I feel this is hormone related since it seems to be worse during different cycles.

-Pelvic heaviness/pain...This seems worse at the end of my period into ovulation. Every month is different, but I get it to some degree. It's almost like the feeling when you are later in your pregnancy and the head is resting on your pelvic area. Yeah.

-Irregular periods..Right now they are anywhere from 19-31 days. Heavy, clotty and run from 4-8 days. I have had only one light period and that was a few months ago. I feel like I am always bleeding. I usually can get two periods in one month. Also fun..

-Depression.. No energy. Crying. Emotional. Want to pull the blanket over my head and hide. I did have a 5 month period last year where I cried all the time. I didn't want to leave my room. My anxiety was at it's highest then. It was horrible. I never thought I would make it through. It's not as bad as then, but it's still there. Definitely worse with hormone changes.

-Vision changes...My eyesight has definitely changed. My vision can also get blurry and foggy at times.

-Dissociation..I feel like I am out of my body and looking at everything through fog (This seems to be anxiety related).

-Weird smells..I smell things that no one else does. Garbage, smoke, etc.

-Housebound...Basically I am housebound right now. A lot of it is from the anxiety and head issues. I fear that one of my symptoms will be magnified when I am out, etc. When I do go out it's at night since I don't feel as overwhelmed. I avoid fluorescent lights and super large places. It's just too much.

-Burning mouth/metallic taste...This one I get on and off. It's such a strange sensation!

-Allergies/colds...I have always had allergies, but they have definitely ramped up! I feel like I always have a cold!

-Flushed face/Hot and cold...I get a flushed face and ears, and the rest of my body gets hot then cold and back and forth. I dress in layers just to make it a bit easier. Being hot makes my anxiety worse, so I am figuring out ways to keep cool. My hands and especially my feet seem always cold, but I can't put anything too warm on my feet because I will get too warm, lol! Can't win!

-Breast changes...They get more painful and tender. I also get the feeling of engorgement and let down and obviously I am not breastfeeding, lol. It happens more mid cycle, but I have had it last for longer periods at different times of the month.

Heartburn/gerd/bloating...This one is just horrible all around. I always feel bloated and have heartburn no matter what I eat. It makes me feel so uncomfortable and I feel like the gas pushes on my diaphragm (I hope that made sense, lol!) This one I will not miss!

I do have many more, but I have written a mini novel....lol! I just want you strong ladies to know that we are in this together! Reach out if you ever have any questions! I am lucky enough to have a very supportive husband and children, but I know there are quite a few on here who aren't. Just know I am here for you! We got this ladies, even though we are in the midst of hell right now! Sending all the strength, hugs, and prayers to you! ❤️

10 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Very reassuring to read your post, but such a shame that we have to experience this rubbish..

Avoiding fluorescent lights, big spaces, anxiety and feeling of being overwhelmed are spot on.... as are all the other symptoms. Isn't it just awful and debilitating and so monotonous!?!

• Posted

It sure is! I am tired of not knowing what each day will bring, let alone each moment. I pray for each and every one of us! ❤️

• Posted

by any chance have u had body tremors likr it feels like giant muscle contractions or convulsions or larfe jerky movements?

also have u lost tour abilty to speak for a fee minites and lefs got so weak u couldnt walk?

• Posted

I get the internal body tremors, that have, at times, make my whole entire body shake and it takes me forever to calm down. I have to lay under blankets to calm down. I have, especially when my anxiety is bad, found that it can be difficult to speak. I may not be explaining it well, but I do understand what you are saying!

• Posted

Yes I get this, it is so scary. I just start shaking and jerking, twitching and can't stop. It usually happens to me at night when I have an anxiety attack. It is the oddest thing.

• Posted

by any chance have u had body tremors likr it feels like giant muscle contractions or convulsions or larfe jerky movements?

also have u lost tour abilty to speak for a fee minites and lefs got so weak u couldnt walk?

• Posted

Thank you soooo much for ur support

You just write all of my symptoms .

Facing all these from last 2 years😭😭

Its hard phase of life .

Its long dark tunnel but there is light on the other side.

Hang is there.

Thanks to all all lovely ladies and group who is motivation for me that i am not alone

Tk

• Posted

Thank you soooo much for ur support

You just write all of my symptoms .

Facing all these from last 2 years😭😭

Its hard phase of life .

Its long dark tunnel but there is light on the other side.

Hang is there.

Thanks to all all lovely ladies and group who is motivation for me that i am not alone

Tk

• Posted

Laurie, I just want to thank you for writing this. Everything you wrote I have or have had over the last several years.At the moment I am dealing with the head pressure and tingling on my scalp. I even get what I can only describe as a cramp in my head that comes for a split second then goes. I think it partly to do with my cervical spine as I have poor posture and I think at the moment something is pinched. I have found this past month my anxiety is high as well. I am not sure why the only thing I can think of is we live in an area where there is not much sun and we have shorter spans of daylight. I have been taking my vitamins religiously and trying to keep busy, but I too feel jittery and anxious. I work from home and decided to take this month off for the fact it is I am busy with other things and I feel I just need a rest, mentally and physically. I find too the health anxiety gets bad when things pop up. I have been to the doctors so many times for things that pop up and I am told it's stress, or anxiety causing it or my posture, never hormonal related. So I just try to relax as much as I can and treat the symptoms so I can function.I have had the tingling on my lip and numbness on my face for years on and off, I feel that is a sign of a pinched nerve somewhere, but can be anxiety related if you are clenching. I do know I tend to clench everything if I am feeling overwhelmed or anxious. I have found over the last few years I too have become more isolated from the world. I go out to the places that make me happy and I go out with my family and feel great, but having to get together with friends can be a struggle sometimes as I tend to be the one they vent too and I just feel exhausted. I used to be a very social person, but I am not sure if it's the symptoms, the fatigue or the chronic stress from over the years, or just can not tolerate drama, but I just find some days talking to people a chore. You are not alone. And by you writing this I know I am not either.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply! It's funny how mentioned a pinched nerve and your spine/posture. Sometimes I wonder if mine is contributing to it as well. I have horrible posture, and when I sleep I sleep on two big pillows and my neck is always at a weird angle. Not to mention I hold a lot of stress and tension in my shoulders, neck and jaw. I am going to become more aware of how I am sleeping and how much I am clenching and tensing during the day. That should be fun! Lol! My health anxiety is absolutely ridiculous right now. I think I have about 100 diseases and am on deaths door. It's amazing what it can do to your mind, let alone body! Amen to the not tolerating drama. I can't and I won't. It just sucks so much out of you. Surround yourselves with those who fill you with happiness and love! You are right. You aren't alone! p.s. You can always vent to me anytime! 😃

• Posted

thank you for sharing, I've got your whole list and more...hugs!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.