The cure for BV!! Its so simple, no joke!

Posted , 18 users are following.

OK, so I first developed BV last april 2014 after taking a round of amoxicillin for strep throat. At first, the amoxicillin only gave me a yeast infection (my first one ever, and so far my only one). I had my period about two weeks later, and I ended up with BV. I have literally delt with the symptoms of BV every month since this until this month. The only thing I changed about my routine is that I no longer use tampons. Seriously. I didn't realize it but the chemicals in the tampons was messing up my normal vaginal flora. Tampons aren't just cotton, ladies. And I didn't know that either. I used a menstrual cup for the first time ever this last cycle. Wow. complete difference. I know there is a learning curve, but it is so worth it. I'm still not used to mine completely since I've only used it once, but please look up the menstrual cup online and throw out all your pads and tampons! They are pricey, mine was about 55 US dollars, but they last for years. Do this ladies! It will change your life!

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ladies, I keep reading "I get it every month", or "I've had it 6 times in the last 6 months,". No, you just have it. It doesn't go away every month and then come back.  The odor and discharge may change, but you have BV the whole time.  With me, the odor is worse right after my period.  I have had BV for 10 years. Yes, ten!  But I have not had BV 120 times.   smile
    • Posted

Actually depending on your body it can. As im sure u know its a ph imbalance which can correct itself and due to semen and even your own cycle cause your ph to become imbalanced again.
    • Posted

Then wouldn't everyone have this problem? Due to semen and one's cycle? Not sure I'm buying the whole semen thing either. My husband and I have used the withdrawal method of birth control for years. Besides, isn't it very natural that a man and woman be together? I think we just don't know everything about this disease.
    • Posted

No we all dont because we all are different. Fact  the pH of semen is 7.1 to 8. Vaginal pH of 3.5-4.5 indicates that there is a perfect amount of good bacteria  and no overgrowth of the bad bacteria that can cause odor, irritation and sometimes infection.  You state that its worst right after your cycle well menstruation blood has a pH of 7.4, so during your period, vaginal pH becomes elevated. This is why it is worst for you. Withdrawal method is ok but males most times cannot feel pre-cum which is still semen.
    • Posted

So you just deal with the smell??? I’ve been noticing the same but it’s so annoying. 
  • Posted

Hi there ladies! first of all my heartfelt condelences to all of you BV is a terrible awful thing. For those of you that feel that you have tried everything (which i also did myself) I have a reccommendation but I'm here to tell you that it is very very difficult. It's the candida cleanse. first get tested for it- if you don't want to do that- then you can just go for it- I also suffer from endometriosis so I basically just have one big unhappy vagina up until... candida cleanse so to break it down there are about a million different guidlines for how to do this cleanse these are the ones that i followed: no fruit at all first two weeks 

no grain at all first two weeks 

no dairy 

no carbs 

no starches (potatoes) 

no shade vegies

basically the name of the game is no sugar as in NO sugar at all. none. eating will become a completely joyless task. Unless you know how to cook well. you will probably get a herkseimer reaction. (candida die off) you need to take a few different kinds of anti-fungal and probiotics. 

you can eat: green veggies (not peas carrots or tomatoes) 

meat

eggs

maybe goat cheese

ive been on it for 4 weeks just started reintrodcing low-sugar fruits 

i have had NO discharge 

no smell 

whatsoever 

until i had one relasp of sugar 

the next day 

discharge. 

there you go. no easy solutuion. But you will astonished at the health benefits and your face will love you. and you might lose some weight. I just gave you the basics of the diet. It sucks and it's really hard. I wont lie. but it actually works. 

ask yourself how much sugar am i eating? how much carbs (that break down to sugar ) am i eating? guess what feeds infection? sugar. 

i was blown away when i realised how much bad food i was consuming. it's no wonder that i ahve health ailments. I can't speak much for tampon vs no tampon but  suffering from BV for 6 years- i do know BV. 

good luck to you ladies. 

• Posted

i yeah and i forgot you do it for 3 months 
    • Posted

Thanks for the info.  Boric acid suppositories works for me. I've changed my diet that didnt work at least for me.  Oh and tampons are a no no they hold blood and bloods ph is higher than your vagina's ph and isnt good.

• Posted

I think you all are on to something with the tampon theory.  I agree tampons could contribute to the problem.
    • Posted

Changing from tampons to pads or a cup isn't going to change anything. It's about balancing out the PH in the vagina and if something else isn't done other than switching from tampons then the bv isn't going to go anywhere...I know bc my doc made the same suggestion...but when I switched to seeing an OB instead of a Primary Care Physician she told me to switch the soap I was using and take the probiotic...I did that along with taking other vitamins and that is what cured me....I mean maybe that might work for some women...changing from tampons...idk but bv is very stubborn.
    • Posted

Oh ok, i see. smile And I know that different stuff works for different women. 
    • Posted

It is the probiotics that had cured you by growing "good" bacteria (lactobacilli), and the changed soap had stopped from hiking your pH back to undesirable ranges. Along with that, and if one modifies their lifestyle and food habits to reduce sugar and eat natural, a lot of the stuff gets taken care of. I've seen alternative health practitionars (non-doctors) use these along with peroxide. The combination seems to work surprisingly well for keeping BV under control in the long term.
    • Posted

It took a bit with the probiotics though and I am wondering if it was because there are only 5 billion active cultures in the one that I am taking? Because I know that others have 10-50 billion in them which I would assume it would cause women to heal quicker. 

I am also wondering if my multi-vitamin for women, 800mg folic acid, 500 mg Vitamin C, and additional Vitamin D3 of 1,000 IU contributed to the healing process as well? The reason I say this is because I was also taking all of these around the time that I changed the soap. Now I am wondering when it comes time...which one of these supplements I should reduce or cut out? I believe my OB did advise me to at least continue with the Multi-Vitamin. I am afraid to cut out any of these though with the fear of the bv coming back if I do. But if the good bacteria has been restored I should have no issues it's just all about knowing which one I should reduce.

• Posted

What is the soap you were told to change to, also the vitamins?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.