The emtional aftermath of a binge

Posted , 12 users are following.

I dig and dig for some of that happiness I had over 10 days ago...and all I get is despair.

?I am restless, cranky, keep having crying spells, nothing makes me me happy, not food, not tv...not typing.

Each time I go to the hopsital....is Worse.....

This time my sodium level was critically low.

Much lower would be coma and then death.

?It took Drs 3 days to raise the level to normal and they have to be strategic because when done too fast...it can be just as dangerous.

?I went back and fourth about feeling ridiculous about going BACK to the hosiptial as my last stay was only a month ago.

NEVER...question yourself...if you THINK you need to go....than YOU NEED to go.

?I'm glad I went....now to get by this horrible, empty feeling I have....even thou I have not had a drink in 5 days...there is not yet happiness or relieve....just pain.

This too shall pass.

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Glad you caught it in time, Misssy! Why the low sodium level? 
    • Posted

sorry ade replies keep disappearing for no reason. Low sodium in the blood can cause the above condition often associated with alcohol poisoning 
    • Posted

Thanks, Vickylou. Looks like there's something called Beer Potomania as well.

• Posted

The nurse said 114

?only because I asked why I was on that floor (the stroke floor) and not the alcohol "tank".

• Posted

vicky..thank you for continuing to try and reach out to me...I know how frustrating this site can be as well.....I can now see it happens to everyone here!
  • Posted

At long last

welcome back Misssy. You've had a lot of people very worried. What prompted you to go to hospital? I knew you were suffering from your last posts.

you don't need lectures, advice or too many questions. It would be good to know what went wrong and how you ended up in hospital, but only if you feel like talking.

You have so many friends on this forum alone. We've all just been waiting to hear from you.

All I will say now is stop trying to be superwoman. Put yourself first and concentrate and focus on YOU. You seem to have had many hectic days, appointments all over the place and dashing here there and everywhere.

keep posting, and know how many people care about you.. Please don't push yourself too hard and take care xx

• Posted

I agree with you . The most important area after recovering from hospitol. Focus and concentrate on taking it one day at a time.

I seem to remember Missy talkin about coloring & how relaxing it is .

A recent study on adults coloring sementical designs find it the most relaxing. Color can bring joy and help get thru a tough time. Amazon has many coloring books for adults. Sounds like somehimg I can do this winter. There ere are also the new gel non smear color pens. 

We could post our works of art for fun.

Any one in?

H4C

• Posted

I knew I had to go to hospital.  As I get older....I know that having no food, water, or good rest and only alcohol...which then leads to puking and diarreha for me...I knew it...my body needed to be "saved" again.

?I FELT like death....so...I just hit the call button for the hospital at like 330 in the afternoon last Thursday.

• Posted

Sorry misssy

Am coming off this forum for a bit, unless they do something with it.

Its so slow. I've reported it as it keeps crashing and text vanishes for no reason. Can't even copy and paste

• Posted

Yep. That happened to me too yesterday. Very frustrating and time wasting. 
    • Posted

What are you using, Vickylou? Laptop, iPad...? 
    • Posted

Happens to me too! I have to log out then log back in again for it to be reliable we it starts to time out cut off etc.

Sometimes I will write a response first on my email on my IPad then copy and paste it here to reply to be sure the site won't cut out . 

Its much easier than the frustration of loosing my thoughts altogether. Which is a normal occurance for me anyway.

• Posted

It's just done it again !an unexpected error occurred page relocated'

am using an iPad as normal

• Posted

just done it again. Will try your suggestion as this is such a waste of time and really annoying me
    • Posted

Sent from my iPad

ADE

We know that there are meds to use with TSM, also campral. The problem here is who is going to prescribe them.

I've seen two different dr's who both say they've never heard of them, one said its American mumbo jumbo, gypsies, tramps. and thieves (am blaming you axe, cos I keep singing it, can't get it out of my head lol!).

GPs have been told not to prescribe them, they refer you to alcohol recovery services, who say you have to get your script from your GP!

yeh I've copied and pasted! learnt new trick!

• Posted

I got Baclofen and naltrexone from a private British doctor,Professor chick

• Posted

To be fair, my GP prescribed campral and a locum dr prescribed naltrexone. Mr normal two dr's claimed not to hav heard about TSM or naltrexone. Neither of them would even look at the information I printed off!

• Posted

Yep had that one. Tell you to go to your GP, which I did, only to be told in no uncertain terms they were not a drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre. Yay go NHS!!!!!!! 😒
    • Posted

Nicole, how have you gotten along with the Baclofen? 
    • Posted

Very good ADE,I'm nearly 7 weeks AF after titrating up to 160mg and reaching my "switch"

One day I wad drinking and the next day I didn't want to drink and havnt touched a drop

• Posted

Awesomeness! Congrats, I read that it often works that way. On Stuart Kloda's website he says that it's not uncommon for people to stop drinking within a few days of starting Baclofen. Another weapon in the fight! 

Now, if we can get the medical community from going in circles, 12 steps at a time.

• Posted

I read something somewhere that said AA had success rates of between 5-8% success rate and doctors shouldn't be recommending it with those sort of rates

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.