The HRT man, he says yes!

Posted , 10 users are following.

After the worst few months and unbearable times, I decided to put my reservations about HRT to one side and see an HRT consultant who was lovely and seemed to know his stuff. So with trepidation I am starting on the journey. I will post progress / observations if it is of any use to anyone??

2 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Carole.  I collected my tablets today too but am putting my start date on hold for a few weeks.  I have been prescribed Tridestra and I will a bleed 10-12 weeks in (just when I go on holiday), hence the dealy.  However, I am a bit worried about weight gain, I am already a Fatty battling the bulge!
  • Posted

Hi Carole

I for one would love to hear about how it goes. I was prescribed HRT 16 mths ago and as yet haven't had the courage to start them despite my partner saying " take the bloody pills!" after I have fallen over for the 7th time and practically forgotten my own name!  Good luck xx

• Posted

Hi Carole,

Yes please let us know. I started HRT about a year ago, Premetin. I am so much better I can't rave about it enough.

I was one that wouldn't even take an aspirin.

You will become more the person you had known in the past, by this I mean, your skin becomes alive again ( I had dry patches here and there), you will be more at ease with daily situations (I was jumping out of my skin) I sleep like a bear now (up all night at 3:00 on the dot before HRT)

It really helps you get back to feeling more like yourself. I know I would of never made it without this much needed help.

Best of Luck!

You came to the right place, the people on this site are awesome!!!

Hugs, Maggie

• Posted

Hi Maggie how long did they take to kick in?

I would be on Evorel Conti ( I'm from England), if I only have the courage to take them..

• Posted

Yes please post updated.

I'm right behind you. Scared to try it so it sits on my kitchen counter.

• Posted

Hi CC,

How are you my dear friend?

Has the book been helping you?

Hugs, Maggie

• Posted

Hi Maggie

Yes I've been reading it daily. And it always speaks to me. Very glad you and thankful you shared it.

Hugs back

CC

• Posted

Hi CC,

I'm so happy I got to touch base with you. I tried to find you but had no luck. Like I said I'm new to this.

Well like we said before there's no coincidences with God!

I responded to Carole and of all people you commented right after me!! Lol

So glad the book is in your life!

Powerful stuff!

Take Care,

Maggie xo

• Posted

I am glad I commented!

If you see the little envelope on the right of the comment screen you can email directly to anyone.

They don't allow names of products or links in the comment area so to get around that people privately message that way.

Hope that helps. It's taken me awhile to figure it out.

Hugs to you!

CC

• Posted

Mine too!! Every time I go into the kitchen it's there starring at me...I'm frightened to put them on!!! :-(
  • Posted

Hi ladies. Well I have gel for estrogen, estradiol I think it's called. Started that last night whilst bawling my eyes out. At least it might save me a fortune in tissues...... I have to take progesterone for 12 days starting 1 June. It's all foreign territory. I'm in uk and he did say that all UK GPS will be getting new NICE guidelines on menopause shortly to help them feel confident in dealing with it. They should be made public too i would have thought. I had no idea how complex perimeno could be in terms of emotional and psychological symptoms. Have a good day everyone x
    • Posted

Hi carol. ...I'm routing for you huni. Let us know how your getting on with it as I'm scared of taking mine !!!! :-( ( because of all the side effects ) I'm already depressed and crying continously and its effecting my beautiful children of which are still very young. ..( im a single mum ) ....can't do with this any more and my quality of life is low while I continue to put up with it...You go girl !! I just want to be helped in the right direction. . :-(
    • Posted

Thankyou carole. .your right it's rubbish but I guess I will make a decision because I can't do this without the help of lovely people like yourselves who know what I'm talking about.

X X

• Posted

I would love to hear how you are going - I have been on Femoston Continue around a month - little better but no where near the success I had with previous two hrt mess. For those hesitant to start pls do it is life saving stuffsmile
    • Posted

Hi Rhino.

I'm just so so scared to take mine. I have patches Evorel Conti.i guess I've been put off by having prempack c.1.25 mg they didn't agree with me..horrid !! Like I've said to carole all I do is bawel my eyes out very nearly every day, depressed and jittery the headaches, migraines and god knows has raised their ugly heads. My question is was it very bad for you before you took these and did they help? Please reply as I need advice.thankyou hundreds.

• Posted

Hang in there Denise. Hopefully a few shared experiences will help you to make the right decision for you and your kids. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Denise,

I know where you are my girl ....And it's no picnic! I have two children to raise 13 and 14 yrs of age. I had to get back to some type of normalcy. With HRT, it was the best thing I could do for myself. My goodness, we woman have to live!

I have gotten my life back.

Before HRT I couldn't sleep, (was up at 3:00 every night). I didn't want to leave the house. I had all to do to get out of bed! Taking a shower was a chore, I had myself in an awful mess. Also started with increasing anxiety!

If anything start on low dosage, I would say within a few days I started sleeping better, and gradually came around within about two weeks. Everyday that passed I started feeling more and more like myself.

I was one to not even take an aspirin.

I'm calmer, my anxiety is more controlled but not to a point where I feel medicated. I am enjoying life again! Thank you Jesus!

Also, stay close to your faith and everything I promise you will fall into place.

Take Care,

Maggie

• Posted

Hi Maggie. .are you on patches? Evorel conti is what I've been given...so scared !!!

I don't want to go further down than I already have.

Should I just bite the bullet and take them???? These patches contain estradiol and norethisterone...Maggie I really don't know what to do I'm so sorry for this ramble. Thank you maggie

• Posted

Hello Denise,

Yes , if I were you, I would bite the bullet!

May I ask, how old are you?

Only reason I'm asking is I am 53, I started perimenopause at 41. Yes, it is a decision that only you can make. I only started HRT "Premarin"a year ago, I suffered something awful for all those years with out any medical intervention. Now that I look back, and know how I could of been helped sooner....oh well, no crying over spilled milk...right?!

Now keep in mind everyone is different, you can be done and over menopause a lot faster than me. But until then, if you can get help with this...why not.

Another thing, have you had your thyroid levels checked? Sometimes they have the same symptoms.

I now have more energy than ever and feeling better than I have felt in a very long time. I'm thinking since reading this discussion, possibly patches would be better, as they bypass the liver. Thanks for that info girl! (I think it was Carole)

Last but not least, stay close to your faith, listen to upbeat music, upbeat people, try to be as positive as you can, you will be fine.

Best of Luck my dear! Keep me posted!

Hugs, Maggie,

Pennsylvania USA

• Posted

Hi Maggie

I'm all the way across the pond! ! In the UK. .Thank you my friend for responding to me..

I've been peri now since I was 40..I'm now 49. And yes I've had my thyroid checked all normal. .but my estrogen is very low I'm almost postmenopausal but not quite ; I was told by my gynaecologist. My doc gave me evorel conti which is a continuous patch but I've been told that he should of given me the sequi instead because no matter how far apart they are I still get periods. .going to doc tomorrow hopefully get me some evorel sequi.

I'm going to ask for bio identical hormones as these are very gentle to the system. .bet he won't have clue what I'm talking about! !

Carole is right, it's much safer to use a patch instead of tablet because the liver has to work very hard to breakdown it's chemical compound.

Big hug back Maggie X

• Posted

Well at least no one can say we didn't put up a good fight with this for soooo long!

Denise, I had to do something, I have two children to raise. With me going through this..I didn't even want to get out of bed!

I am also (according to my levels) looking post menopauseal. So we are almost done. Although I have heard, some woman stay in post menopause for many years!!!!

Best of Luck with your choice.

I would love to get over that pond to your country someday!

Ps, I'm not crazy about flying either!!

Hugs, Maggie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.