The other Knee

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ohhhh Nooo whats happening. Now 13 weeks post op TNR settling now but im distraught today because my other knee thats ALWAYS been ok is givin me some right jip???? Im hoping its because its had to work harder to support the TKR on the other side???? If I hadnt of been taking pain relief for my TNR id have had to take it for my other knee its sooo sore?????? Please dont let it be the start of another bad knee????

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't panic too much . . mine did for a while, but has stopped now.  Hope that yours will prove to be temporary too  . it does take a lot of strain, and hopefully that's what it is.  I muwt say, though, that I was very worried when mine started playing up . . Maybe it's a bit of cartilage broken off and causing pain . .that's how mine started about 12 years ago . . . give it some tlc like the operated knee!!!

• Posted

ooo thanks martin I will but its really bothered me today il try rest them both tom in the sun - yipppppppppeeeeeee lol
    • Posted

I got a bit of sunburn on mine last week!  Doesbn't seem to have done any harm. . forgot that here in Tenerife, even when it's cloudy, the sun burns!

• Posted

well martin im in the west yorkshire pennines and more likely to get rust on mine lol so as you can imagine when the sun does come out its quite an event lol x
    • Posted

it is beautiful and you can bet your bottom dollar when I go back to work itl be sunny 24/7 lol lol
  • Posted

same happened to me but now  my operated leg is stronger and my unoperated one is really good. Think it was over compensation. Make an effort not to lean even a little bit but stand up straight. Also when getting up we tend to push a lot of the 'good' knee so it is bound to get cross at times.
    • Posted

yes im hoping thats what it is caroline im going to rest them both tom???? see if it helps??
  • Posted

Hope it does, but dont get stiff - we cant win can we?. Try standing on one leg (operated one)  to build it up and help with balance - then the pressure from the other one will be reduced. Enjoy your rest!
    • Posted

im going to enjoy the sun lol we might only get tomorrow ha ha il potter round the garden sipping water pretending im abroad lol
  • Posted

Andrea, it must be fate.  I have just logged on to the forum to ask about the same thing and lo and behold you've beat me to it.  I had a patellafemoral athroplasty 11 weeks ago (new plastic knee cap and a metal trochlea - the bit behind it).  I've had some problems because for the last 11 years I've worn a knee support and this had done the work of my muscles, so although I think the knee is healing OK, my muscles have forgotten what to do so this has been my main problem.  However, today my "good knee" has been painful, both the knee and the hamstring.  So, I've sat with ice on this knee tonight (instead of on my operated one!).  I too am a bit scared that I'll have to have this other knee done - 10 years ago the consultant told me I'd end up with a "matching pair", but I'm hoping to get a few more years out of the "good one" yet!  At the moment I can't face being operated on again, but I definitely won't be wearing a knee support on this knee as I'm already aware of how this affected the recovery of my operated knee.

I agree with what the others are saying - it's probably over compensating and putting alot of strain on the "good knee" - well at least I hope so!

This forum proves one thing - no matter what you seem to be suffering with there  always seems to be someone suffering the same thing!  Doesn't take the pain away I know, but blimey it does make you realise it isn't just happening to you and it puts your mind at rest a little.

• Posted

it does pam and im now laid on the bed with ice packs on BOTH knees lol im doing what martin suggested earlier and giving it some TLC!!!!
  • Posted

its just gripping because its getting ignored and expected to do all the work !!!!!!!!!!  sorry coulgnt resist if i were that knee thats what id do.   seriously i think its just working abit more than usual it will settle down just give it some TLC
  • Posted

I have arthritis in both my knee's had to pick which to have done first. my up operated knee has been awful really not liked the job of taking all the strain im now 10 weeks in n its not as bad still have to use one crutch can't stop using it till have other one done x
    • Posted

Oh bless Jen that must be awful. I think I was bothered cos that knee has never been painful before but it feels better this morn??? gonna try rest a bit more today just exercise my TNR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.