The other Knee

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ohhhh Nooo whats happening. Now 13 weeks post op TNR settling now but im distraught today because my other knee thats ALWAYS been ok is givin me some right jip???? Im hoping its because its had to work harder to support the TKR on the other side???? If I hadnt of been taking pain relief for my TNR id have had to take it for my other knee its sooo sore?????? Please dont let it be the start of another bad knee????

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Andrea, my physio said to have feet about  a 'foot' apart....sway from one leg to the other and then put all your weight onto one leg for 10 secs then start to sway again and do the other leg. You can keep one toe on the floor to help balance.  I do this when standing at the sink or cooking.  I have also started massaging and exercising with both legs even though I had my left done 8 years ago.

In fact the consultant mentioned yesterday when they discharged me for 12 months, that the next visit, they would xray both knees to see how the left was keeping up.

• Posted

yes I iced both knees last night and the good one feels better this morning but its def a wake up call il be takin more care of it from now on x
  • Posted

I really wish you all the best, you are in the situation which we all dread,if the worse comes to the worse and you have to face surgery you have the benefit of ecperience ! good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.