The "pains of hell" as my mom would often say

Posted , 7 users are following.

So hear goes my story. About out of ideas. Maybe someone has had the same thing and can offer a solution. Let me add that I was always the kind of person who could eat anything.  Nothing every bothered me for 50+ years. 

About two years ago I had a breakfast sandwich at MickyD's. Steak, egg and cheeze on a bagle. Did this every Friday for years. No problem. This time felt funny after finishing. Went to my office and still felt mild stomach discomfort. Got worse and had to lie on the floor. Felt like I was going to pass out so I went home. Eneded up lying on the floor on myu side in the bathroom trying to vomit... but could not. All I'd get were dry these wrething dry heaves. This lasted for several hours tillI fell asleep on the tile floor. When I woke up is was fine.

Thought little of it. Next Friday same meal and same exact thing happend. Had to go home and again on the floor in the bathroom for hours.

Other than that I had no issues. Ahything I ate at home was fine. Actually wrote an email to MickyD's telling them there was something wrong with their meat!

Then it happened again at a Wendy's (had a chicken sanwdich and cup of chili) an hour from home. Had to drive back to the house with the most severe pain in my gut you can imagine. How I did it I do not know.

Again, never an issue at home. Spicey food, barbeque potatoe chips, bloody mary's, all kinds of cheeze and dips... bring it on.

This is over a period of years. Every once in a while it woulfd happen and always away from home. Turkey dinner at a restaurant and one a year later at my couzins house did it. Had to. The final straw was from an omlet with home fries at a diner one night. Spent from 10pm till 6am between the motel bathroom and the bad. THat was it. Went to the doc. Here is what has been done so far:

Ultrasound of gall bladder- negative

Two blood tests- 1st one high pancreas levels, 2nd a month later normal levels

MRI scan- normal for everything but enlarged prostate : (

Upper GI w/biopsy- "erythematous mucosa in the antrum" they said tyrned out to be "reflux"

I just cannot believe this is all this is. This pain is nothing like I have ever felt in my life. I'm doubled up on the floor completely incapacited for hours on end because I ate a piece of turkey and this is just reflux?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

George, ask for a hida scan. This can tell if your gallbladder is functioning. Sounds like gallbladder to me. I just had mine out two weeks ago, but the stones showed up on my ultrasound. I am in the gallbladder forums on here, and plenty of people have been told there gallbladder was fine, but Hida scan showed differently. Let us know
    • Posted

Thanks for the update Debbie. I have this pain after eating just about any food. It seems worse with fast food which has high fat content. I am going to definitly ask my GI about getting this scan. My sister had her hallbladder taken out years ago for a similar issue.
    • Posted

There are a lot of things I can handle but not being able to function normally is really breaking me down. I am really fortunate to have a job where I can work from home, otherwise I would probably have been out of a job by now.
  • Posted

Here is my take on the gallbladder issue and correct me if I'm way off base on this...

My pain will start within 5 to 10 minutes of eating something my stomach does not like. It will get progressively worse but I know in the first 10 minutes I'm in trouble and to stop eating.

Now we all know it takes hours... even days for some food to fully digest. It takes 2 to 3 hours for a meal containing meat to leave the stomach on its way to the small intestine.

just cannot see how the gallbladder can be at fault in such a short amount of time in my specific case.

Enlighten me, please.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.