The Sinclair Method , two weeks in

Posted , 12 users are following.

Well, it's been quite a journey since beginning Nalmefene ! From my first pill,  I had the most incredible experience . I've never taken drugs but I can only describe my first night as being a major trip ! Very enlightening although scary at times 

?Four days later I said to my key worker ...You can have the pills , I will NEVER take these again due to the side effects !

?That night after gaining advice I pushed on through saying to myself ....I want this to work ! I'm a winner , not a giver upper

Now, two weeks later , I'm feeling so much better . When I say better I mean different ! I do really feel a shift in the way my mind is working . From that first night of weird stuff , to follow the next few of terrible side effects , to getting over that period , to now !

?I can honestly say that this is the first time I feel different when I drink and my attitude to drinking has completely changed . I can honestly say that when I drink , I feel in control!!. Not the other way round . I've cut my drinking down by half and to me , that is the most wonderful feeling ever . When I wake in the morning I feel great and the thought of a drink makes me feel ill ? Wow ! 

?I'm researching the Sinclair method a lot and reading loads of stuff to keep me focused and it really helps . 

?I know for most , this process takes a few months to kick in so that you want less and less . I'm looking forward to that happening to me but for now I'm so happy that I'm able to have made progress in this way so far . 

?Everyone has their own story but for me I can honestly say that the first pill gave me such an awakening call , that has stuck in my mind . I feel now that I have to work well with self discipline alongside the medication for it to work . 

?I am already facing my fears and handling my emotions in a different way . I cant explain how , it's just happening and I'm going with the flow 

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Last night I went to the pub and had a pint. Then I went home.

?Not the most exciting story in the world but I am pretty sure that this was the first time in my life that I have done this.

?And, like you say, it just happened as if I wasn't fully thinking about it. As if my brain had changed to a different type of autopilot. Not the one where I have 14 more drinks.

• Posted

Thanks for your comment Alex. That's brilliant that you are controlling your pints smile Really happy for you . Hope you've had a good week ? 

• Posted

Yes. I'm averaging 2 units a day this week and it all seems quite easy.

Early days.....

?Hope it's going well for you.

• Posted

That's brilliant Alex. I'm not doing so well but I'm working on it and positive . Have a good week smile x

• Posted

Great results! You are winning the battle.Robin
    • Posted

Thanks Robin . I'm struggling if I'm honest . I have faith in this method but am waiting for a call Friday from my Doc after giving her the info for me changing to Naltrexone . I tried Naltrexone and it was much better but due to limited pills I had to go back to Nalmefene . The difference is staggering . I didn't sleep at all last night and am wondering if my down moods are due to lack of sleep, the Nalmefene ! , early onset to the menopause or a combination of all !!! . This is not like me to be so irratic with my mood swings . I do know that with less alcohol during the last couple of weeks that Ive had to face the fact that my life really is awful sad But, earlier I managed to really motivate myself and say to myself , come on , make the best of things ....Then , back to this awful black cloud . Then back to the high again ? I've had a bottle tonight !! . Whats going on in my brain . I really want someone to pick me up and look after me for two weeks sad This is not me !!! Any suggestions ? 

• Posted

Keep trying rainbow. Do not give up. A tough journey 😥 I did but tough. Sweating, confused, sad but ONE GOAL IN MIND: LIVE A LONGER AND MOORE HEALTHY LIFE. 😀

• Posted

No longer waking up not remembering what I did yesterday and where did I hide the bottle for my wife not to find?you can do it. Hope for the best with your gp tomorrow ☺
  • Posted

Well done....it is a magical journey. Last night I poured a glass of wine before going out for dinner and struggled to drink it. I didn't drink the wine over dinner and when I got home decided not to drink any more wine. 6 months ago I would have drunk a bottle before dinner then lots more. I love what I have achieved with TSM . Lucky us.

• Posted

Isn't it amazing when you have that change in thinking while on TSM. I am on my way home from visiting my 29 year old brother in law in the bay area California who is dying from brain cancer. I have known him since he was 14 years old and this is crushing my wife and breaking my heart. Last night at the hotel I had a cocktail in bed and it would have been so easy to drown my emotions in Jameson whiskey but I didn't. As I lay there I knew not only did I not need another but I didn't want another. It felt great. To have gone from 20+ shots of vodka a day to this. I normally have so few drinks now you wouldn't recognize me. I felt this was an emotional test and I passed another milestone. I have now lost 50 lbs and my first child will be born in 4 weeks 4 days. And a few months after that will be a house. Sorry to ramble on. Just stay compliant and think about why you are drinking. I changed and so can you. I'm not saying it was easy. I'm saying never give up

• Posted

Great story I71207 and I remember you from last year and how you struggled. What an achievement to have only one drink considering the day you had had and how you felt. You must be SO PROUD of yourself. Los weight, feeling better and becoming a father!! so fabulous. I should know since we had twin girls....unforgettable...Keep well and live life to the fullest without alchohol (like me....)Robin
    • Posted

Thank you so much Robin and blessings to you for your twins! I'm terrified at the thought of just having one boy let alone two girls. You must have nerves of steal. I might not always post but I try to read everyone's that are posted. I find it keeps me grounded and let other people know there is hope.

• Posted

So sorry for late reply 171207 . After replying to Robin and reading your comment I feel a little more strength come within me . It's strange as I always go on about timing !! I do feel for you , your brother in law and family so much and considering this , your strength I admire . I do hope you are all ok . Sending thoughts and loving hugs xx

• Posted

As I replied to Rainbow just now...one goal in mind..stop drinking. Live a longer and more healthy life to see them grow up. I was the house dad! Big responsibility. Best of luck on your journey 😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.