The toothpaste I have been using has been discontinued can anyone suggest a new one

Posted , 6 users are following.

Until recently I have been using Tesco's Pro-technic Complete Sensitive toothpaste which has been excellent for my oral Lichen Planus.  It appears it has now been discontinued and I have been unable to find a suitable replacement which cleans my teeth well, treats the sensitivity but does not burn my mouth.  In spite of approaching all the toothpaste companies (who say they are not able to advise) I have not been able to find an alternative.  I have a cupboardful of toothpaste and am getting desperate.

I have been able to obtain a sample of a very mild toothpaste but though it did not burn my mouth it did nothing for the sensitive teeth problem. 

Dentist was unable to suggest a suitable product.  Can anyone help? 

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Go to Mouth Ulcer shop, online and get Squigle. I now look forward to cleaning my teeth. I have tried both types and prefer ther minty one. Expensive but SO worth it.
  • Posted

My dentist recommends Biotene toothpaste for dry mouth. Not the easiest thing to find, so I buy two or three tubes when I see it.  Also, Oasis Moisturizing Mouth Spray helps a lot when I'm particularly uncomfortable. I buy that at natural foods markets. 

• Posted

It's not so much the toothpaste for sensitive mouth I have problems with, that is not too difficult, it is a toothpaste which will also treat sensitive teeth which I can't find.
  • Posted

This also helped with sensitive teeth. It is the best I have ever used. 
    • Posted

Dear Wandula,  I have been to their page - have you tried their Tooth Builder, and if so what did you think?
    • Posted

I have had my Squigle for a couple of days now, and it is all you claimed it would be.  I am very pleased.  Thank you for putting me onto it.  It's been great giving my teeth a really good clean.  Best Wishes, Gillian.
  • Posted

Have used the tooth builder which is very bland. I prefer the enamel saver for its minty freshness, without burning.
    • Posted

Thank you, decision made.  I will try the enamel saver and let you know how I get on.
  • Posted

I was with oral surgery on Monday and he suggested arm and hammer toothpaste. It is brilliant and its the first time in months I have been able to brush my teeth properly.  
    • Posted

Apart from the fact that I think Arm and Hammer tastes awful, I dont think they have a sensitive toothpaste, or didn't.
    • Posted

Dear edele,  I must apologise for my bad manners. You were kind enough to pass on your oral surgeons advice and I didn't even say thank you.  Thank you now.  I do hope that the arm and hammer toothpaste works for you, it will certainly be a lot cheaper than Squigle (whoever came up with that brand name, almost as bad as the very good temporary filling called Toofypegs!).  Best Wishes.
    • Posted

Hi edele just wondered how you are I go every 6 month to my surgeon who checks my mouth do you have it on your skin and have you ever had an abnormal smear test and had treatment only I did and that's when this started x
  • Posted

ThoughSquigle is expensive , it gave me relief when nothing else worked. I agree about the crazy name! But who cares.
    • Posted

Do you think they should give us commission for promoting their product?  :-)   G

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.