The toothpaste I have been using has been discontinued can anyone suggest a new one

Posted , 6 users are following.

Until recently I have been using Tesco's Pro-technic Complete Sensitive toothpaste which has been excellent for my oral Lichen Planus.  It appears it has now been discontinued and I have been unable to find a suitable replacement which cleans my teeth well, treats the sensitivity but does not burn my mouth.  In spite of approaching all the toothpaste companies (who say they are not able to advise) I have not been able to find an alternative.  I have a cupboardful of toothpaste and am getting desperate.

I have been able to obtain a sample of a very mild toothpaste but though it did not burn my mouth it did nothing for the sensitive teeth problem. 

Dentist was unable to suggest a suitable product.  Can anyone help? 

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Gillian ,,my skin is not bad now ,when it was I spent a fortune on stuff ,but found the dermovate was the only thing to get rid of it ,and antyestamin tabs can't spell that ,but they can take them for hay fever ,I think the more you worry about it the worse it gets ,over the past 17yrs iv learnt that ,it will clear up as fast as it comes ,x     
    • Posted

Hi Elaine

Just wondered how your doing with this bloody awful disease hope your keeping well I'm pretty up and down my mouth isn't good lately this burning drives me mad xx.

• Posted

Thankyou Gillian for the advice I'm grateful the itching is unbearable X
  • Posted

I use Biotene, too.  Also the mouthwash and gel works for me.  I find them at pharmacies like Walgreens, CVS and Kaiser.
  • Posted

Try tom's of main propolis and myrrh.  I find it non-irritating.  I'm not fond of the licorice flavor of this...but it has not irritated my mouth unless I brush too hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.