There is life after anxiety

Posted , 12 users are following.

I wanted to post this in hopes that it could help reassure even if it's just one person that is going through the same thing I am.

I started on Cit 3 weeks and 2 days ago. I'm sure I don't have to explain the hell I was going through. Side effects were terrible, lost a lot of weight, wouldn't eat, spent all my days in my room in bed, my anxiety went through the roof. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

The good news is, now I don't want to jinx myself but the past few days, I'm starting to see a difference. For the first time yesterday, I left the house, never laid on my bed or couch and even mowed my lawn.

Today I was up and had breakfast at 8:30 where before I wouldn't even have a bite before 3 pm. I did some yardwork, junked some wood and worked in my garden. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I feel much better. If this is a sign of days to come, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Like I said at the beginning, this post in in hopes that it will help some of you to not give up and think positive. I realised reading these forums that I wasn't alone and they helped me cope. You are not alone either. Good luck! It DOES get better.??

5 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

so relieved to hear that things do get better, i am only on week 2 and have good and bad days. work keeps my mind busy.
  • Posted

What dose are you on?
    • Posted

Sorry. I should have mentioned it.

I started on 10mg for 8 days then upped to 20mg. Been on 20 for 9 days now and really seeing a difference.

• Posted

Did you have any issues going to 20mg. after the 8 days on 10?
    • Posted

It's hard to tell because the side effects started right away for me and my anxiety got worse. Really bad actually.

After I switched to 20, I'm not sure if it got worse because of that or I just hadn't hit rock bottom yet. Took about 3 weeks total before I started seeing a significant difference.

I should mention that I had about 6 really good days. Felt great but the past few days is like I dipped a bit below the feel great level. Still able to function and go on with my day and still optimistic that it'll be great again

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

• Posted

So glad to hear that it works for you and that there's actually hope!

I just dream for a good day like yours to come and it hopefully will. My doctor started straight with 20mg but it's still day 5 for me.

• Posted

This forum has been so helpful to me. I started on 20mg Cit 7-weeks ago for anxiety and depression after a very long abusive marriage. I am divorced now and the anxiety didn't hit me until about 6-months after the divorce. I've never had it before but it hit me hard. The first two weeks on Cit my anxiety got much worse but the third week it started to slowly get better. I see a small improvement each week. It's not all gone but now is manageable. I'm trying to eat healthy and get a lot of rest and not over do it at this point. I've learned that this anxiety issue takes a lot of patience which is the hardest part of all. Thank you for posting and we will get there.

• Posted

What a good feeling.

Citalopram also helped me for many years.

People would KNOW when I wasn't taking it...they would say ...Have you taken your orange pill?

keep going

• Posted

Hello Dottkom,

I am so glad you posted your progress!!  This helps others so much, you have no idea!!  As you remember how you were feeling in the beginning, others are feeling the same.  So a BIG Thank you for your post!!  This will really help!!!  I wish you continued progress!!! 

For the others that are in the beginning of this, I know how hard it is for you, it is not easy by any means!  There is light at the end of the tunnel, so hang in there, you will start to see things get better for you too!  Blessings to you ALL!!  {{{{HUGS!}}}}  XO

• Posted

I had the same first two weeks on cit . Awful terrifying for me .. I'm on my 4th week and finally I can go to work , I can drive and I don't cry a lot.... I still have anxiety bt I can manage that because is not bad like the first weeks !!! I also take buspirone and vitamins b-12 ... After losing my baby's at 20 weeks of my pregnancy I start having anxiety and depression may, June and July are not really good months for me sad ...

I'm happy for you and for every person that is feeling better with cit I hope we continue feeling much better every day .... ????????????

• Posted

That's great. I experienced the same at 20 mg starting dose. That's supposed to be the therapeutic starter, am off everything now tho. Was on it 6 months maybe. Lost the plot again but GP sent me on mindfulness type course. Really helped   Good luck 

• Posted

Glad to hear I started Cilift 20mg a week an 3 days ago started on a 1/4 pill for 5 days then increased to 1/2 which I'm going to drink for a month befor upping it..... I was dizzy an nausea for a few days fine now just very anxious likE I have a pressure on my chest which I normally get wth anxiety...

Will keep drinking it trust side effects will settle down soon

• Posted

Michelle with the greatest respect that is not a therepeutic dose at all and may confuse your aspiration to well being ,  and not help at all. Is that what your GP suggested? I know older people as in over 65 are often commenced on just 10 mg but usual is 20 mg. I got those side effects at 20 as did so many people, then it settles after 2/3 weeks. I took the drug for 6 months. Then took 18/12 to get off it very slowly. I did relapse but went on NHS CBT type course. Am really good now. Good luck but please get that dose sorted. 
    • Posted

Thanks Gillian I'll be phoning my pharmacy in the morning then will up the pilL to 20mg was just nervous to start on 20mg so pharmacist said to start1/4 an increase weekly.....but after that dizziness I thought if I stay on 1/2 till body adjusts it'll be better..... so hate this anxious feeling.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.