There is life after anxiety

Posted , 12 users are following.

I wanted to post this in hopes that it could help reassure even if it's just one person that is going through the same thing I am.

I started on Cit 3 weeks and 2 days ago. I'm sure I don't have to explain the hell I was going through. Side effects were terrible, lost a lot of weight, wouldn't eat, spent all my days in my room in bed, my anxiety went through the roof. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

The good news is, now I don't want to jinx myself but the past few days, I'm starting to see a difference. For the first time yesterday, I left the house, never laid on my bed or couch and even mowed my lawn.

Today I was up and had breakfast at 8:30 where before I wouldn't even have a bite before 3 pm. I did some yardwork, junked some wood and worked in my garden. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I feel much better. If this is a sign of days to come, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Like I said at the beginning, this post in in hopes that it will help some of you to not give up and think positive. I realised reading these forums that I wasn't alone and they helped me cope. You are not alone either. Good luck! It DOES get better.??

5 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you so much for your post. I am on day 15 and it is a living hell.  My anxiety has never been like this, I can't eat or sleep. I feel I am going out of my mind. I started for a week on 5mg, then another week at 10mg which I am to continue for a month. I was having anxiety attacks in my relationship which were destroying it.  My boyfriend swears by citralopram. I am scared to tell him how bad I feel incase he gives up on me. In fact I'm convinced and panicked he has, but I hope/think this is just the drug demons talking. I have never felt such painfully low self esteem. I can understand why people drink, as I want the pain to go, and to knock myself out so I can sleep but I know this is not the answer. I love myself and my boyfriend so I'm sticking with it...but it's currently hell!  Your post has made me feel less crazy, and more in the healing process, thank you x

• Posted

Don't be affraid to talk to him. Talking really helps. This forum and the support of my wife is what got me through this. I'm on week 4 and really seeing a difference. Please keep believing and don't lose hope. It does get better. I was like you just a few weeks ago. No hopes on getting better. I'm glad I stuck it out.

Good luck to you and please send me a message when you feel better. I know you will you're not alone. Even if it's a stranger sending you positive thoughts, I really believe it helps. It did for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.