Thermal Hotwater Bottles

Posted , 10 users are following.

Since becoming ill hotwater bottles have become my best friend. I cling onto it for dear life if someone offers to reheat it even though it needs doing. The problem is they only stay hot for a few hours night times are the worse I II get up to refill it several times during the night, Does anyone know if there are thermal bottle available to stay hot for longer.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

There is snugglesafe heat pads you can get which are pet safe which stay warm up to 12 hours
  • Posted

If you "dress" the bottles with some knitting cheesygrin they will stay warmer longer. They will also stay warmer if your bed is preheated wth an electric under blanket. Regardles of this: some experts recommend to have a hot bath with epson salts (not standard bath salts) before bed. If you find in yourself the determination to try this let us know how you felt. XX
    • Posted

I can definitely recommend the Epsom salts in a hot bath. Really works for me. 💁 x
    • Posted

Yes, I too like the Epsom Salts bath...just need to remember not to make water too hot, as if too hot, it makes my pain worse....any excessive heat sets mine off.....also will add re the Electric Blanket...this too I use, as it preheats my bed firstly, and then when in the real cold weather, I leave it on low all night, as it decreases the Early Morning Stiffness of body muscles (would love to use all year round, but gets too hot here in Australia,  and can have the opposite affect).  For me, Wheat Packs are a real necessity...always use 2 - 3 of a morning in a lot of areas (which ever is the worst affected areas)...Bron
    • Posted

Thanks Teresa and everone who replied. I will give them all a try I have some wool left from a baby blanket so can use that. Also the epson salts. I could of done with them tonight as have just had bath ready for the pet scan tomorrow. I have been having a bad day the lovely weather has been a complete waste as I was in bed all day drained of energy as well as being in pain and feeling too awful to even read or sleep. So I was stuck in bed clutching my hot water bottle sweating buckets. (I find the mobile is great for texting downstairs when I need my bottle reheated, or need a drink etc). Luckily my last lot of painkillers seem to have worked and my energy is back a bit enough to be able to have a bath, read and reply to posts.. Last time I was completly drained it lasted nearly two days. Nights are the worse as It's times like that I feel bad about having to wake my hubby to refill my bottle as he has work the next day. The last time i was completely drained I tried to do it myself, my husband woke up and came downstairs to see where I was. He found me sitting on the barstool trying tosummons the energy to do the bottle. I didnt even have the energy to walk back upstairs to bed. So anything that will help keep the bottle hot throughout the night would be great. I will also look into the heat pads although i'm wondering whetherthey will be hot enough. I will try anything. So thank you for the advice everone. I will keep you posted whether any of them worked for me. My grandchild is due in july and my son wants me to be at the birth, I will probably have to go with a hotwater bottle up my jumper or a stick on heatpad if they work for me. xx
  • Posted

so strange i need cold which numbs my pain . 

why not just get a electirc over blanket a lot simpliar 

• Posted

Thanks tiswas although I doubt this will work for me I have to press the bottle as hot as possible although I now wrap it in a towel due to giving myself blisters before. I need to hug it close to my skin for it to work.
    • Posted

sorry iv mentioned it twice about the blanket .

i had a old fashioned hot water bottle a stone one i used to fill that up with boiling water and wrap it in a pillow case it was still warm in the morning 

but its hard to get new rubber seals for them so cant use it any more .

but my fibro seems to have swung the other way now prefering cold more to numb it . 

what about a electric  underblanket  and a thermal over blanket 

• Posted

Hi Tracey I know exactly what you mean, hot water bottles have been my saviour too....there's nothing like heat on your muscles/joints for relief. And I'm  not a fan of those rub in heat ointments. I'm usually asleep however by the time the bottles gone cold. I've not heard of a thermal one unfortunately but theres plenty of great alternative heat sources, as others have mentioned.

Wishing you success in your endeavour

Angie

• Posted

Thanks Angel I do fall asleep when its hot but wake up once it starts getting cold as its not so good working on the pain unless its as hot as possible. xx
  • Posted

Know exactly what you mean....I've git a hit water bottle knitted cover..lasts much longer..or a heat which is warned up in the microwave...better than waiting for hot water to fill bottle...electric blankets they say are really good too, although I don't use one...be blessed..:-) xxx
    • Posted

why not get a electric over blanket you can cover your whole body with that 
    • Posted

have you tried microwave hot bottles

Amazon have some ,microhottie

microwave hot water bottle 

acrylic lambswool fleece in cream price £10.34

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.