Thigh numb

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all. I'm from the hip forum. My husband has had a TKR 2 1/2 weeks ago. He is doing really well with his physio. Just his outer thigh is quite numb this week. Is this normal?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

In a word, yep. Also lots of pain from lower back to ankle happens sometimes as well. He's setting off on a new journey of the world of TKR. It's up and down and can take up to 18 months ish to feel back to your old self. It's like no other major surgery and can be a slow recovery with some great wins along the way. lol Please wish him the best from us and please pop in any time to see how it's going and how we can help!   

• Posted

It's quite normal I asked my surgeon at my 6 months check and he said Yes it happens he says massage and ice/heat couple of times a day and exercises I have learnt to ignore it most of the times good luck to your husband 😁

• Posted

Hi Denise I had double knee replacement a yr ago and I have the same thing on both of my knees no feeling, according to the surgeon it happens frequently to patients and u may or may not regain the feeling. Tell your husband gl with his recovery it takes a while but it's so much better and tell him to listen to his body and rest, ice and take meds when he needs them

• Posted

I'm only 9 days post op TKR and my body has pain where I never knew it was possible, with more to come!  Who knows what 'normal' is, we are all different.  I'm sure, as his healing continues, your hubby will have more and newer pain 'discoveries' .  Our bodies are amazing, but our most powerful med is our will to persevere and it sounds like he is doing just that!  

• Posted

Yes...

Can he do a straight leg raise? It took me a whole month to get my leg lifting!

• Posted

Hi Jenny. Yes he can. And a full pedal circle on the bike. He's pretty pleased. Just managed both these yesterday. Just the different aches and pains and lack of sleep to sort out. 🙄  Patience for that one. 

• Posted

Meant to add I had numbness in thigh until around three months post op. So just part of the fun...
  • Posted

Your thigh is numb...your knee is numb...your brain is numb...  At that point, I was still drooling all over myself...
    • Posted

Chico, I thought that was just part if being a Texan. Little bbq sauce here, little tobacco juice there. All mixes for colorful drool.
    • Posted

I'm a Sicilian from Brooklyn!!!  These crackers down here are completely crazy!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.