Things improving at last

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies

I haven't been on here to write as much lately. However I've been reading everyone's stories. My heart goes out to all of you going through the anxiety/panic/low mood stage. 9 solid months of anxiety and panic and low mood. This stopped me from going anywhere and I definitely could never plan anything. I didn't want to do anything. I left my job last January as I couldn't cope.

9 months on things have improved a bit. I started a new job last week part time and I absolutely love it. Been out and about with my kids and husband and have been fine. I'm looking forward now where as before I didn't want the next day to come. I still have chronic headaches but have been told today that I'm having a mri scan of head and neck at last! Some of you know I am on HRT and it looks like it could be starting to work after adjusting it although not so good on the days of progesterone. It has taken months to accept that going through menopause is a natural thing and accept the really horrible days as there is only so much you can do. Eating properly and exercising as much as you can even if you just walk for 5 mins. It is hard to do but you can do it! Hugs everyone x

4 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Great news Michelle! It's too bad the relief isn't instant. There is a medical/doctor column in my local paper and I'm thinking of writing in making ppl more aware of how debilitating this can be! I was supposed to start prometrium twice but didn't feel bad on day 16, the day I was supposed to start but now it's day 23 and I'm so anxious. I regret not trying it. Can you IM me and tell me what HRT your taking?

• Posted

Hi

I am using oestriogel and 12 days of utrogestan for the progesterone.

The symptoms are awful aren't they and the doctors always dismiss menopause. I just don't understand it xx

• Posted

That's great news Michelle! Thanks for the updates. Hope it keeps improving. Gives me hope to read it.

• Posted

Hi Michelle!  Soooooooooooooooooooo glad to hear this post from you hun. I was thinking about you the other day actually, wondering how you are getting on in your new job......it's fab that you are enjoying it. ccincal said to me recently it's like your connection with the human race - a great way of describing it, especially if you love dealing with/meeting/helping people.  You are right about the hrt - it's not magic, but a big help to me too - like you, i still get the odd day where i also go to another room in the house forgetting from seconds ago what i went there for, & have to get people to repeat things sometimes, as i just didnt absorb it the first time. but this is a vast improvement from before hrt. i also don't feel so good during the progesterone 12days of the monthly cycle, but i can't really pinpoint in what way; I just don't feel "as good" as the rest of the cycle, but nothing i can't cope with. sometimes just feel a bit "flat"???? but again, so much better than before the hrt. with some ladies it takes longer on hrt to feel the benefit i think. i started noticing improvement  2-3 wks in, but the longer i was on it the better i felt. they do say to give a good 3 mths trial before trying another form.  

I hope the mri scan sheds some light on your headaches & neck/ear/jaw problems too. i know exactly how you feel - you just want a diagnosis or explanation so you can try to treat the cause & feel better/eliminate symptoms. as i write, i am wearing wires & a data recorder whilst a camera capsule pill is travelling through my small bowel for 8hrs to try & determine yet another cause of my ongoing bowel problems!!!! i don't really want another condition to contend with/take meds for , but at least if something is found, they can treat it & i can get back to work & normal life again...  

Lovely to hear from you Michelle, inspiring post for many ladies I'm sure, especially for ladies who are in the horrible state you were in 9mths ago. Let us know how your mri goes......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.