Think I’m dying

Posted , 15 users are following.

So ive been awake most of the night with major anxiety . Finished my period on Saturday and since then have not felt right . Started with dizziness and feeling that I was going to pass out on numerous occassions on Sunday . Ive had this at different times before , but not on and off in one day. Then Monday my bowels were off and caused my pile to bleed , so now Im convinced thats cancer . Then it progressed from headache to migraine , loss of appetite , shaking , feeling really poorly . I cant help but think the worst . Im 52 and my periods started getting further apart last year but have gone back to regular ones often three weeks apart now . Blood tests havent shown up anything , so why do I feel like this ? Im getting worse , not better

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jane - I am so sorry for how you are feeling. As I am sure you know, many of us can totally relate and understand exactly what you are going through. It is awful to have a new symptom pop up just when you think you've gotten a handle on all the things that are going on with your body. And although there is certainly relief in having the tests show "nothing" is wrong, it doesn't change the way you are feeling. That still has to be endured daily. Throughout the years that I have been going through this I find that when I do feel good (which can sometimes feel rare) I really try to take advantage of it. I see friends, I exercise, I do things that I have been wanting to do but haven't felt like doing. It can really make me feel human and alive again. For me, staying hydrated is important. I use an electrolyte powder in my water. I also exercise even when I am not feeling like it. And sometimes at the end of the day, an epson salts bath, a glass of wine, and a cold compress on my forehead can soothe the worst symptoms. I also agree with the post above about having a low dose of Xanax around. When things are really bad (like in the middle of the night) .25 mg of that can really be a godsend. Wishing you well!

• Posted

Dear Jane

So sorry you are feeling like this, i have had the awful health anxiety, i had gastitis, lost weight, quite abit and appetite, it got to the stage i was too scared to look in the mirror and i hated anyone who said i had lost weight. I have had many a morning i didnt want to get out of bed! Im 55now, four years post meno, i have the migraine auras, they have been on and off over the last couple of years or so. I had piles after my pregnancies and the change in bowels have triggered them off, do you find loose bowels can affect them as much as constipation? I dont suffer the anxiety as i did but the odd symptoms still keep popping up! It all can get overwhelming cant it? Wishing you can plough through this and reach the other end x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.