Think we can rule out prostatitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

My partner had a CRP blood test yesterday which came back normal, ie, no inflammation in the body. I know nobody wants prostatitis but knowing that he is unlikely to have it only leaves BPH or Pca as the reason for his fluctuating PSA levels and intense burning. On the bright side though it also probably means that his lymph glands are not inflamed and anything that may be in his prostate is hopefully still contained in there. All these tests and waiting for results are starting to take their toll now. We just desperately need to know what we are dealing with.

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, scan was done earlier today and took around 30 minutes. He was given an injection of Buscopan to prevent bowel spasms affecting the images. They repeated that they did not use contrast dye as the diffusion was enough to give a very good idea of what was going on. Apparently the images they got were of a very high standard.The results will be with his urologist in 48 hours so I expect us to know by this time next week what the problem is. More nervous waitingsad

• Posted

Should have asked the tech what they saw. They know more than they try to let ppl know. If it's bad news they rather let the doc tell it. If it's normal or something not to bad, they will tell you

• Posted

I know, I told him to ask but he said they probably wouldn't know!! I am hoping it will have shown up the bladder and urethra as well and may shed some light on what is causing the stinging sensation when urinating. If I had been in with him I'd have been asking if the prostate was enlarged and by how much!! Surely they could have clarified that much. Anyway, we hope to get a slot with consultant early next week to discuss results in full so fingers crossed. x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.