Thinking of stopping after 9 weeks

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi 

I've come to a point were I'm thinking of stopping my medication due to not sleeping on cit. I'm a devastated by this as it has gotten rid of my anxiety but has made my sleep even worse! I know that most ssri's are basically the same so will probable do this to me too. After going through all the horrible side effects at the start I feel  I am really left with no other option as how long can this go on?? So upset 

thanks laura 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I been on cit for about 5 weeks and like you they have been brill apart from the sleep thing Iam at the docs later and I will mention my lack of sleep and hopefully will get some help il will post what doc said later if you want?
  • Posted

hi laura,i was the same,i was taking nytol to help me sleep,av been on the meds 12 weeks and just stared feeling myself again,it all takes time and everybody is differend,i thought ad never feel the same again,but am getting there,x
  • Posted

Yes Jamesy that would be great thanks! Denise that is reassuring to know, it's so hard getting up for work on no sleep. I think I just want to know if should stick it out any longer but In turn am terrified of the anxiety returning! Thanks so much for your replies guys! Am feeling abit desperate this morning xx
    • Posted

The doc said it when it comes to sleeping it depends what time your take them as in some people it's a simulate or a sleepy tablet if that makes sense hope this helps
    • Posted

Thanks very Jamesy, i take mine in morning so maybe should experiment with times. Appreciate you letting me know!
    • Posted

Yes i might give that a go although i dont know if it still has sedative effects for me anymore x
  • Posted

dont give up on them laura,i carnt even go to work.iv been off 11 weeks,so your doin great,wish i cud go bk but am not ready yet,give it another week or so,x
  • Posted

Well I had to take today off as just couldn't cope with the exhaustion, couldn't think straight? How is your sleep now Denise? Did the insomnia ease for you? P.s it's sounds like your doing better and better each day, well done Xx
    • Posted

yes i am thank you,i used to only have abot 3hour then ad wake up and coulnt go bk,couldnt sleep through the day,but now i sleep from abot 10 till 6,so doing ok,i do wake up some tims through the nite but i can drop bk of now,i feel worse in a morning but as day goes on i feel great,they say thats a sign am getter much better,x
  • Posted

That's sounds quite positive Denise, you defo sound like you're doing better than I am! I really don't want to go off the cit but it makes me feel like I have no other option. I will maybe try to wait it out abit longer. Was it only recently your sleep started to get better? Xx sorry for all the questions
    • Posted

dont be silly about the questions i was the same .i used to ring my mother in law all time cos she works with these meds,i thought i was going mad lol but were not,yes my sleep patten change from 2 hours a night ,then not wanting to get up now am bk to sleeping how i used to,cos wen i was a work i got up between 6 and 7,wot r u on the meds for,hope you dont mind me asking,xx
  • Posted

Thanks Denise! I started the mess because I had a few sleepless nights worrying over a a couple of major life events after these were resolved I still couldn't sleep with made me focus a lot on it. I started sleeping better and get back into a routine but then this horrendous anxiety begun so I started take 10 the 20 mg of cit for it. There were times before the med when I had a great nights sleep but woke up with this horrible anxious feeling. So since a week into taking cit my sleep started to get bad again, and it's quite different feeling with medsthanks. It's like tossing and turning with eyes closed but yet my brain won't shut off. Horrible feeling! 
  • Posted

i was like that u think your asleep but your not.its like resting your eyes,i used to dream alot as well,hope you feel better soon,xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.