i have 2 quesation

when u can leave Cit

i feel normal and happy , no depression or anxiety

i have been on medication since March , so it almost 8 to 9 mounts on Cit

and everything is perfect now

so can i start reduce the dose ?

when should i reduce it ?

is 8 mounts enuough ?

beck i gain a lot of weight , is leavening medication will make me loss what i gain ?

any advise for dealing with withdrawals symptoms

i'm a fried of it sad

is depressing will back again

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Roby,

I couldn't stress enough how important it is with citalopram to withdraw very, very gradually over a long period. I am using the citalopram drops. Each drop is 2mg of citalopram. I am reducing at 2mg per month, actually 1 mg every 2 weeks. I put in 2mg in to a cup of water, tip out half, to give you 1mg of citalopram. I used it with 10mg tablet the rest in drops until I got down to 10mg. Then it's drops only until you finish. Last weeks news anounced the government are going to open a help line for all the thousands of people stuck on really powerful drugs like citalopram who have a gp who is not properly trained in the drugs they are prescribing, giving patients no chance of ever getting of drugs like citalopram. Its a worldwide scandal. Millions stuck in limbo on drugs they can't get off or can't live without. No g.p should prescribe any drug without first knowing how to withdraw from it. g.p's must keep a breast of their profession, even after qualifying.

• Posted

wow

thank u so much

u really help me

u right

totally right

befor 2 year

i was on Cit , the G.P

let me reduse 5 mg in just one week that was really quick i had all weatherod effect

but here in the forum u guys help me , more than any doctors

• Posted

Hi Roby,

I couldn't stress enough how important it is with citalopram to withdraw very, very gradually over a long period. I am using the citalopram drops. Each drop is 2mg of citalopram. I am reducing at 2mg per month, actually 1 mg every 2 weeks. I put in 2mg in to a cup of water, tip out half, to give you 1mg of citalopram. I used it with 10mg tablet the rest in drops until I got down to 10mg. Then it's drops only until you finish. Last weeks news anounced the government are going to open a help line for all the thousands of people stuck on really powerful drugs like citalopram who have a gp who is not properly trained in the drugs they are prescribing, giving patients no chance of ever getting off drugs like citalopram. Its a worldwide scandal. Millions stuck in limbo on drugs they can't get off or can't live without. No g.p should prescribe any drug without first knowing how to withdraw from it. g.p's must keep abreast of their profession, even after qualifying.

• Posted

My daughter was on for over a year 20mg a day she reduced it by a quarter every 2 weeks no side effects or withdrawls.... the slower the better.... goodluck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.