Thinning hair

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladie are any of you having problems with your hair. Ive noticed mine has gone alot thinner, and Im loosing quite a bit of hair. just wondered if any of you were having the same problemsad

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was diagnosed a month ago and only last night while washing my hair handfuls were falling out and once dried I noticed my hairline is thinner
    • Posted

Than you for sharing that with me deborah, must be another fibro symptom. I use to have very thick brown hair but not nowsad 
    • Posted

Ive just been on a site and apparently it is a fibro symptom and the hair should grow back so heres hopeing the joys of having fibro. also some meds can be the cause of hair loss but Im not on any meds gentle hugs
    • Posted

I would check on the meds your taking to see if it mentions hair loss gentle hugs take care
  • Posted

Hi Kaz, yes I have been losing hair for about 9 months now. I thought it improved when I had been on Vit D for about a month, but now I'm losing it again. My daughter was a hairdresser and washes my hair for me as I can no longer manage to, and she says that more than usual is coming out. Also when I brush it, and even finding it on my clothes and pillow. Fortunately my hair was very thick to start with so it is not noticeable at the moment. I checked the pharmacy sheets for all the meds I take and a few of them list it  as an uncommon side effect, so I don't really know the answer. xx
    • Posted

Hi Jeanne Im not any meds I cant take them because of side affects, my hair was once very thick but its now gone thin and Im loosing quite a bit of it. Ive just been on a sight and checked it is a fibro symptom, and apparently hair will grow back. the joys of having fibro thank you for taking the time to reply back to me take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

Hi Kaz At present I am having dire problems with styling my hair I always lose lots of hair every time I shower and my scalp is very itchy as well as also being sore.  I am on prescribed Nizoral which I apply twice a week  must book in with GP and see what is going on probably down to the added non stop stress alongside this illness I am under unable to sleep a great deal too body awol in so many areas and from both knees down my feet are swollen and agony give anything not to wake up.  julia
    • Posted

hi julia Ive just read on a sight that its a fibro symptom and any hair loss should grow back so heres hopeing also some pain meds can cause hair loss so thats worth you checking out with any meds your taking. Im not taking any meds as Ive had bad reactions to all that Ive tried. Like you sleep is a problem.  but last night 1st time in a very long time I managed to sleep for a few hours which was great. my  hands knees feet and legs are badly swollen and very painful. Its so hard dealing with what we have any other stress worry on top will make things a 100x worse. the stress certainly wont. be helping really feel for you thinking of you here for you gentle hugs take care xx
    • Posted

Hi Julia how are you doing today? have you managed to get an appointment with your gp. My feet legs are like balloons today. my left hand fingers are also swollen Im unable to wear my wedding ring. rotten fibromad  take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

I have had Fibro fo 20 years, not on any strong medication,as I get side effects.

In the last three months been losing my hair ,more on one side of my head than the other.....didn;t think it was Fibro,so surprised to see others losing hair.

• Posted

it came as quite a shock to feel and see that my hair had gone thinner and that I was loosing quite a bit of it hope it soon starts growing back soon. 
  • Posted

Hey kaz, my hair is also quite thin, was never super thick to start with but I have noticed more falling out when washing in the past few months, I have tried that plantur 39 caffeine shampoo which I think has helped a little, but I don't think its effect was proportional to its price to be honest,

Has anyone else tried anything that has helped?

xxx

• Posted

hi alys 1 of our ladies is applying Nizoral twice a week on her hair.. I havnt tried anthing as yet. I have been googling to see what I can find out and apparently it can happen with fibro but the chair should start to grow again unfortunatly for us fibro affects every part of our body. Im jst hopeing preying that our hair loss will grow back and soonsad gentle hugs take care
    • Posted

also some meds can cause it to happen so check up on your meds and see what it says what the side affects can be take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

Hi kaz, thanks for the suggestion I will check on my meds, I hadn't thought of that,

and nizoral shampoo sounds interesting, can't hurt to try hey!

I will ask my dr if he can prescribe nizoral or something similar,

You take care too, gentle hugs x x x

• Posted

your welcome alys  lets hope we can find something that will work on our hair? and fast take care hun gentle hugs xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.