This is ridiculous! Why are we not warned about the anxiety and depression!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hot flashes and mood swings. That's all ever heard about. I watched a YouTube video of a woman who said she could deal with the physical symptoms but it's the crushing depression that's getting her. I'm on an AD. I know I should be on a higher dose but I don't want to be on them for the rest of my life so I feel it will be easier to come of them on a lower dose. Researchers needs to be done on the "S"(I can't use the word or the moderator will delete this)rates among menopausal women. Yesterday I was fine. Thursday I even went out to a reception. Today I'm like big slug. Chores to do but still laying around.

Okay that's my vent for the day.😭😖😫

4 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have wondered about this same issue too. I can only imagine how some women out there who may be having a harder time than me may be provoked to doing that especially if they have no one to talk to or feel like the stresses of their life plus these symptoms are just too much. I can see it leading to that point. I had my kids very late in life. I was 35 with my first born and 39 with my second child. Right after she was born I went right into peri menopause. I have a husband who has emotional/mental instabilities, two kids who are very emotionally charged and an elderly mother all in the same house. Then to have to deal with these symptoms too. It's easy to see how things can result in such a way. That is why if it wasn't for God, prayer and this forum I don't know where I'd be.

• Posted

You are dealing with a lot. And then peri on top of that. I cannot imagine. My faith and this forum have kept me sane. Keep the faith and you'll pull through.🙏

• Posted

Juanita - I am so sorry you are going through this. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE VIEWED THIS POST? I guess what I am saying is, I know that some forums show how many have viewed this post and I would venture to say so many women have read this!!!! So many women likely feel so much of what you are feeling and experiencing and yet aren't comfortable sharing it/replying to you...so thank you for your openness about this subject. 

It's like this feeling of being weak - as if we have some control over this when the truth is; it's beyond going out for a walk or eating right - it's hormones! I have such compassion now for this as I experienced it for the first time in June. Prior to that, I had NO idea what menopausal depression was. Have I been sad? Totally down with seasonal affective? yes. Is it anything compared to the Perimenopause depression that I had?...it doesn't even touch it! I had no idea what this was. It's frightening in that you don't know how long it will be and you wonder who you used to be and your begging God to let you have joy again. In my case, gratefully, the progesterone cream has lifted it for me. I am humble as I don't know what this rocky road will look like. I am realistic now and thankful for the ladies here - we can lift one another and encourage one another - even if less than 100 reply when you know it's likely hundreds on this forum that know exactly what you are feeling and going through.

I am praying for you, Juanita! I have faith that you will be lead to the right path and approach for you if needed. It seems for each of us we respond differently to things. I am GRATEFUL for this place and SO very thankful for your transparency and letting all of us know we are not alone and are in this together. HUGS - Finny

• Posted

Juanita - Happy Birthday dear sister! I am giving you a big HUG! Remember that you are not alone - rest in the shelter of the Almighty! Maybe review some of your old posts that made us all laugh so that you can see this is temporary and you will feel "better" again. You have brought so much joy to so many on this forum. I really like the lyrics to that song Never Once Did we ever walk alone...so many versions to listen to as well - but I love that comfort of knowing we never face anything alone! HUGS and Happy Birthday, Juanita. smile 

• Posted

Wow, Finny, I love what you have written, and I absolutely agree! I have had previous bouts of depression in my life, and they were nothing compared to what I have been going through with perimenopausal depression. I have had the most bizarre thoughts, accompanying by terrifying images, that have scared me to death! I have read other women who have had similar experiences during perimenopause, so it helped to assure me that I am not going completely insane, but it has been so hard to bear and so hard to understand.

I,too, believe that the women who post on this forum are only the tip of the iceberg, and that there are so many others who suffer in silence or don't connect the dots with perimenopause.

If I hadn't been going through this myself, I wouldn't have believed that it could be possible. 

This has been, by far, the toughest fight of my life, and I consider myself to be an incredibly strong woman who has weathered many challenges in her life.

Glad that you have been able to find some relief.

Bev

• Posted

Thank you! I'm feeling a little better this evening. My sisters and my niece came by and gave me cute cards and money! But when I get on this site I really feel better!🤗?

• Posted

Thanks Finny! I did go through some old posts and got some laughs. Especially the ones where were all think we're dying or going insane. We know were not but somehow our minds make us think we are.

I'm feeling a little better as my sisters and my niece came by we with birthday cards and they had money in them! I was actually able to talk with my niece about menopause. She is 47 but had a full hysterectomy at 42. She got me we talked about it before my sisters arrived. Between her, this forum, and getting money for my birthday, I'm feeling a little better. Some of my old posts actually made me laugh out loud! I'm so glad we are here for each other!????🤗

• Posted

Thank you so much ladies for all that you say/write. I hardly ever post but I read and read and it helps so much to know that other people are or have gone through the same. Thank you and THIS TOO SHALL PASS!
    • Posted

Gerrygerry - that was me for so long...hardly posting but reaping the blessings of sharing in the experience with others and knowing I wasn't alone. I was so thankful for the ladies that were willing to share and that is what is so wonderful about this place; the ladies who are willing to be open and honest. And Amen! This TOO shall pass! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.