This is the WORST

Posted , 10 users are following.

So.. until a few days ago I had never heard of GA. Sept. 1 I started visiting a tanning salon. I was going three days a week for ten minutes to lie in a bed. After about a month I noticed two really itchy patches, being concerned and terrified it was skin cancer, I went the dermatologist. From the time the first two spots appeared to when I actually went in for my appointment, I had developed 9 new spots. My dermatologist did a biopsy last Friday, since then I have developed so many and I mean SO SO many spots you can't count them. They are immensely itchy. It's damn near unbearable. My doctor won't do a thing until the report comes back and I am literally suffering physically and emotionally. Everyday I find new spots, some tiny and some larger than my thumb. What can I do? Does anyone else have this spots? Is anyone itching this badly?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My granuloma has never been itchy - what you have sounds more like hives (uticaria) or an allergy - does anyone else get itch with granuloma?
    • Posted

I have found the condition to be very itchy; it extends from top of hands up to elbows.
    • Posted

Didn't know it was itchy for others - mine just appears as a cluster of dots and then spreads outwards clearing from the middle but has never itches thanks goodness! Best of luck with your diagnosis Kayla!

• Posted

Hi Kayla

If it's itching that badly it may not be GA. Wait until your biopsy results come back

I too have this since June 2014 and definitely affected emotionally as well as pysically! After using sunbeds all my adult life (am now 49) just realised this Summer it's the sunbed/sun that is triggering my GA which has actually made me feel worse.........at least if could tan would cover it up a little. Worst case scenario for me so feel your pain! But wait and see it may not be GA and if it is you may be one of the lucky ones and it may go away spontaneously.

• Posted

Hi Kayla

Yes I have GA that covers me from head do tie very itchy and painfull!! I been dealing with it for over a year. Tried everything that I can use nothing helps.. My co-worker gave me some steroids pill not perasone don't remember the name and they are almost cleared up...good luck.. as soon as I remember the name I'll get the name of the pill I will come back and give you all the names I'll just pil that I've taken.

• Posted

Thanks, guys. No. The biopsy hasn't come in yet. Hopefully it will today and they will call me. I took some Benadryl last night and it helped with the itching or maybe I was just so tired I didn't notice. I believe I have generalized GA. It described as a rash that covers large areas of the body and multiple locations. I have it every where guys. Nipples, my scalp, my legs, my arms, my inner thighs, my torso, my back. It's funny.. they say the most common type is found on the hands and feet, but as of now.. I don't have any there nor do I have any on my face. Thank God! I will keep you guys updated and let you know what they say. I'' so glad I found this site!!!

• Posted

as an addendum, the Humira is approximately 7-8 injections so it is temporary, just a couple months, and it completely resolved.
    • Posted

Tia, I've been denied Humira by Premera twice. Waiting on third appeal. Do you have insurance and if so, what company? I read on another forum that after success with Humira, GA returned with a vengeance!

• Posted

Okay. So.. the biopsy came back. I actually have nummular dermatitis. It's terrible!!!

• Posted

Good news despite the pain of it, you'll get better xxx best of luck x ? no more sunbeds ?XXXX

• Posted

humira works and I went to 2 doctors who have used it with success
    • Posted

I've been approved to use Humira. How long did you have to be on it? How are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.