this is tough

Posted , 9 users are following.

I in a sense am glad i found this sight to know that i am not alone.  I have been taking venlafaxine for 9 years and everything people are talking about is exactly what i am going through.  The buzzing of the brain, sickness, sweating, bad thoughts extreme dizziness.  The hard part for me is I am a miner i work under ground 1,680 feet and its hard to operate big machinery in confined spaces dealing with multiple bosses and co workers, and try to pretend to be normal this stinks for all of us and yes it makes me dislike doctors for not being honest.  Any possitive thoughts please send my way and I will do the same thanks for reading.   

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Darrell, I have read all the other posts.  So difficult with your job, and I do admire you.  Depression did cause me to lose a job and because of that I could not pay my mortgage, and downsized.  Over the past 20 years I have been on quite a few anti depressants.  I was on Effexor for 9 years and it did stop depression and anxiety.  Last year my doctor suggested I try without it.  It took me 10 mon ths to withdraw so I did not get any withdrawal symptoms, and that did work.  It is a year since I stopped.

Anxiety has gradually crept back, but I am coping with it.  No depression though.  I lost the weight I put on whilst taking the Effexor.  If the drug is making you so poorly, then you have to decide whether it is worth taking.  Different drugs do suit some people and not others, perhaps Effexor just does not suit you.

If you decide to withdraw pleae take it VERY SLOWLY, otherwise you will get withdrawals, which are pretty awful, that is why I took my time.  

I do hope you get positive feedback here.  Let us know what you decide to do.

Take care.

• Posted

How are you now Darrell?  Please update us.
    • Posted

I have been good the withdrawls of effexor were horrible, but i fought the fight and come out ok.  I still have bad anxiety but am trying to manage that with klonopin still have bad thoughts but i am still here and trying to survive i believe one day soon i will have complete peice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.