This is why I am scared it is a seizure.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Seizure Description below and I have highlighted the two feelings I get

An unusual sensation (aura) may precede a temporal lobe seizure, acting as a warning. Not everyone who has temporal lobe seizures has auras, and not everyone who has auras remembers them.

The aura is actually the first part of a focal seizure before consciousness is impaired. Examples of auras include:

A sudden sense of unprovoked fear or joy

A deja vu experience — a feeling that what's happening has happened before

A sudden or strange odor or taste

A rising sensation in the abdomen, similar to being on a roller coaster

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

do you get all those symptoms / or some some of them that you listed above?

• Posted

i had a wired turn the other day. my vision went funny and it seemed like i was staring into a kaleidoscope. i thought i was about to have a stroke. after about 5 mins of fighting it , i picked up the phone to call for help and like the turn of a switch it just stopped. it started with seeing patches of dark and shapes then my vision went completly do lally. i got a headache straight after it. i hope that dont happen again any time soon.

• Posted

Hi Darren I am going away to Italy thanks.

Quick question could you advise for me.

Is it true that an EEG is only conclusive if you are having any form of seizure at the time of having the test. I have just been sitting at my desk and started to feel the room going darker and I started to get that dim vision again and panic inside. I wonder if I am having lots of mini seizures or auras in the day? I have had this on and off for the last 6 years do you think if it was seizures or epilepsy I would have had a full blown fit by now?

• Posted

truth be told my friend. a eeg only shows brain activity at the time of having the procedure, if you are not having a sizure at the time of the eeg it wont show on test.

• Posted

if the eeg is done in between 1 to 2 days after the seizure it can pick up abnormalities then . what are chances of getting it done that quick on our NHS service

• Posted

i had the eeg kit that you wear at home for 24-48 hours which records brain activity throughout the day. i recommend trying that. its way more accurate mate

• Posted

Not sure if i can get the kit will enquire.

What do you think to this though?

I wonder if I am having lots of mini seizures or auras in the day? I have had this on and off for the last 6 years do you think if it was seizures or epilepsy I would have had a full blown fit by now?

• Posted

id of thought so yes especially after 6 years. talk to your gp about the home kit. i got it easily bud.

i was convinced i was having them at one point untill i had the kit. i wore it for 48 hours and i had similar symptoms to you and my brain activity showed normal through the whole 48 hours.

i think something like that would be useful to you and your state of mind. enquire about it mate.

• Posted

Those symptoms are also very common with severe anxiety. I have had those symptoms and I do not have seizures. An EEG would tell you for sure if you’re having a seizure. GET the test for peace of mind. even if it was a seizure, which i doubt, it can be controlled well with meds.

• Posted

Thank you Jan you are very helpful. Only issue is an EEG is only conclusive if you are having any form of seizure at the time of having the test. I have just been sitting at my desk and started to feel the room going darker and I started to get that dim vision again and panic inside. I wonder if I am having lots of mini seizures or auras in the day? I have had this on and off for the last 6 years do you think if it was seizures or epilepsy I would have had a full blown fit by now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.