This is why I am scared it is a seizure.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Seizure Description below and I have highlighted the two feelings I get

An unusual sensation (aura) may precede a temporal lobe seizure, acting as a warning. Not everyone who has temporal lobe seizures has auras, and not everyone who has auras remembers them.

The aura is actually the first part of a focal seizure before consciousness is impaired. Examples of auras include:

A sudden sense of unprovoked fear or joy

A deja vu experience — a feeling that what's happening has happened before

A sudden or strange odor or taste

A rising sensation in the abdomen, similar to being on a roller coaster

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have noticed that you have posted about seizures quite often, I'm, just wondering if you have actually had one with all these symptoms that you are having? How long have you had these symptoms?

I think this could be a form of OCD 'intrusive thoughts' and obsessing on something that frightens you. I've been there and done that but about something different then seizures, and it is awful. The anxiety over the fear can cause many odd physical symptoms and our mind then starts to make it feel, seem worse then it really is. Which could be possibly happening for you. You said that you have been to doctors and had many tests done and they all came back ok right?

Just something to consider. Always confirm there is nothing medically wrong of course but once that is done, you can pretty much safely say it is anxiety causing it.

Do you take any medications for anxiety, odc, etc?

• Posted

I have had these symptoms for about 6 years grounded on and off? The neurologists and doctors over the years have said it is definately not epilepsy but all my symptoms match seizures to a tee. I am on citalopram and have been for 5 months. Some days are worse than other though.

Do you believe that these intrusive thoughts could produce real symptoms like seizures? Also do you feel I would have had a full seizure by now if it was serious?

My Mri and eeg was done back in 2014 so quite a long time ago

• Posted

I do believe they produce real symptoms, I personally think after 6 years if it was epilepsy or seizures surely you would have actually had one by now.

My suggestion would be to see a therapist, and talk to them about ocd, intrusive thoughts, over the time you have had this fear its progressed and if you were to start working on letting it go you may be able to work past it, but remember, the longer we let these things bother us and spiral the longer it takes to get rid of it so it may take awhile in therapy but definitely worth the try. If you still feel you need confirmation from a physician go and get tested again to be reassured. The citalopram will help with controlling anxiety, depression, and such but you have to put in some effort too, such as getting therapy by someone who specializes in those intrusive thoughts.

Best Wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.