This might be a sign the dose is too high....

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was at the psych. yesterday and my dose was upped about 7 weeks ago.  One of the things she asked me was if I was pacing at home.  I seem to recall a friend who is bipolar and he was pacing and hand wringing and I think they lowered the dose.  Just in case, these may be signs but I didn't specifically ask her.  

What brought this to my mind was when I was at the shop just now.  I had to wait for something they said would be ready and was not.  I could feel myself getting irritated because they told me it would be ready an hour before I arrived and I was annoyed.  I could feel my heart rate increase and I did start pacing but not like a lunatic.  I don't think the psych. meant in a 'situation' - more if you are doing it alone without a valid reason.

Just something to keep in mind

Jo x  

0 likes, 285 replies

285 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sending you a PM
  • Posted

Actually Jo, you did help me.  More than you know.  I couldn't have figured this thing without Lois smile..  she's my girl.  Jo, if it wasn't for you starting this thread, God knows how long this would have went on for. 

When I read "hand wringing", the light went off in my head.  But then I looked everywhere I could and found nothing to validate it until I told Lois everything yesterday.  She knew immediately.  I have literally been watching my child lose his mind.  It wasn't that he was getter better on this, he really has been losing his mind.  God knows what damage this has caused him. 

• Posted

Hi jojo

So many doctors fall short of understanding mental health issues.  They really just want you in and out of the office with a prescription - too easy to get them out without any consideration of what they are doing. 

jo x - you have an great ally with Lois.  

• Posted

Thank You Jo.  I really am lucky I have her and all the other support.  Brooks is a mess.  But I know I am doing the right thing now.  All the doctors were clueless to what is going on with him.  Lois experienced this for herself and from sharing her story..  I have to keep myself focused in the right direction.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.