Thoracic outlet syndrome

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi had first rib and muscles removed 5 days ago now. (TOS) id just like someone who has had this procedure to tell me if there symptoms are totally gone was it a success? It seems a very long road atm. I'm still pretty numb all around from hospital. And lightheaded everytime I go to walk around which isn't for long because I feel I go to pass out. But op went as planned I'm glad it's all over, I'm 22 I thought I'd get up straight after and be all okay I was wrong I do pysically feel pretty rough painkillers only go so far but I can deal with a lil pain it's just the dizziness of getting up my surgeon didn't mention that was a side affect? So I'm hoping that goes away soon? Any insite would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am sure your daughter is recovering beautifully by now. I just had surgery five weeks ago.  After two weeks I started daily yin yoga for the neck and shoulders (20 minutes a day) which helped tremendously. You can buy a DVD on Amazon. I had dry needling prior to surgery and restarted it the following week.  It provides great relief to the painful, tense muscle knots.  I am in the US and could not find a good informative AND interactive group on Facebook so I started Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Awareness and Support Group group.  Those of us that have been through this can be a great source of knowledge and support to those newly diagnosed and/or facing surgery.  I hope you'll join the group, share your experiences and post any informative information you may have. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.