Thought I was doing so well...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on Cit. for 9 weeks now for anxiety, started on 10mg for 5 weeks & after a very rocky start it definitely started taking the edge off, then went up to 20mg for the past 4 weeks with no side effects at all & I felt it was working very well. I've also been having counselling for the duration and felt it was going great. Yesterday I visited my GP & made a plan to get back to work (I've been off since January), got my meds put on a repeat prescription & didn't need to go back to see her until June as I was doing so well, I'm also due to finish counselling next week. During the night I woke up with the beginnings of a panic attack which I managed to halt before it started with some relaxation and other techniques but today the anxiety has returned with a loss of appetite and constantly running to the toilet. I'm feeling so angry & upset as I really felt I'd worked really hard to get better, I'm also worried that I'll never get back to work! Any words of encouragement would be very much appreciated, x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I've been suffering anxiety since December and fortunately I took 2 weeks off for the holidays. I was hoping that the time off would help. I went back to work after the holidays and my anxiety increased fursiously. I'm still working and battling everyday during this stressful time after work. Several times I've wanted to just take a leave of absence but tried to push through. Been on Aativan as well as that's the only thing that can help me stay calm at work. However, I'm at a point where I close to taking leave. You're not alone girl. I'm feeling for you. Just the thought of work causes some anxiety, even on weekends. I try to not think about it and just leave it up to God. 
    • Posted

I'm lucky to work where I do as I get 6 months full pay if I'm off sick so I can at least take the time off, the nature of my job means that I'd be a danger to others if I was working with severe anxiety, I just don't know if I can make it back! I wish I was more religious so I could gather comfort from that but I do believe that everything happens for a reason - I just wish I knew what it was!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.