Threadworm Sufferer

Posted , 17 users are following.

In the spring of 2013 I decided to try walking barefoot in my yard. It is called

Earthing on some health sites. After a few months I felt wiggling in my bottom. I knew right away what it was because my 3 children had pinworms as youngsters. Decided to just try eating garlic to get rid of them. In July 2013 I felt wiggling in my nose. That sent me to the Doctor

real fast.She gave me 200 MG tablets of Albenza. It did help, but not entirely. I told her I still felt the wiggling & she orderd a stool test.It did not show any worms. I've been told that these tests are not always accurate.

Doctors have not been taught how to deal with this problem.

I believe what I have is Threadworms.

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Isn't the white dots just dandruff though becausei f u have white dots conning from your scalp it's normally dandruff or eggs (nits)
    • Posted

Yes, the white dots are probably coming from my scalp.

But, if I wear black underpants the croch area usually gets

white dots also.

These dots I know are some kind of parasite eggs.

• Posted

The white things are hatchliings which migrate over your body - hence the itching.  They will be on your clothing and in your scalp, ears, nose etc.

I think no matter how careful you are with cleaning and personal hygiene, because the eggs are microscopic and invisible to the naked eye, it is logical to assume that because of the egg size they can fall through the weave of all clothing.  So that even the tightest panties will not be able to contain them so then they will drop everywhere and anywhere.  You might as well go round with a vacuum cleaner attached to your backside.   Well that's my opinion. 

• Posted

Your opinion is true. When my ears or eyes  start itching, I can put my finger in them and pull out a small round white dot.

Every day I clean out my nostrils of tiny white dots with a Q tip.

When I vacuum, I can see them on the vacuum when I empty it.

• Posted

I had suffered itching like you have described for over 20 years. I just wanted to take a bottle brush to my you know what! For many years, I have been making my own yogurt from raw milk and taking a daily probiotic supplement. I went for a few years without any itching until recently. I have to stay away from yeast, sugar and the inferior wheat grown today. I have also started eating more prebiotics. My goal is to get gut healthy again. 
  • Posted

Hi, I recently have been going through almost the same thing as you all. I haven't been able to find out what it is, but maybe you all would kindly point me in the right direction .....I moved about 6 months ago, and ever since then I started feeling small bites at first, mainly my feet. Then it started to go everywhere! and I would look but nothing would be there to no avail .....then I noticed a shimmery glittery look to my skin. I would have my skin get prickly like I got the chills and I would feel the horrid bite and look and all I could see was this shimmer on my skin. My husband and I couldn't figure it out and started fighting he thought I was making it up or losing my mind, I honestly thought after a couple months he was right, was I ? So I suffered alone with no one to talk to its been very hard. I'm on the verge of suicidal thoughts but I'm trying to hang in there ... Anyways I started getting these huge bites and they are mainly on my arms, and my legs. I constantly feel my clothes crawling literally!!!! I've tried so many products it's unbelievable...... and I swear I see things casting little shadows on my ceiling and things moving like my sheets carpeting etc ..... I've even filmed it before to prove it to my husband and he goes off on me saying he won't watch it. I'm constantly itching and I try not to I'm in pain a lot because my arms have been getting infected so I wrap them up when I go in public. These sores don't heal for about 3 months and they swell really bad I'm even to embarrassed to go to a Dr sad I feel lost and confused and I think "I must be going crazy".  No one else is affected by whatever this is sometimes I wish they could feel what I feel just for an hour. And now my own kids make fun of me just like their father does, its so humiliating .. Whatever this is I can't see them and I think they spread like, I now feel them in my car ! And my friends house. Im terrified on daily basis to be in my own home. I cry a lot I'm so depressed and it got worse I went as far as hanging up a thick plastic above my bed I swear I see things falling off the ceiling ! But I go to look and nothing sad my hair recently started falling out to and some parts of it look like it's actually been cut ! And I constantly feel a very light tap on my back a lot a lot ! like somethi,g has fallen on my back and I get that all day everyday that's the worst part because I'm constantly checking for bugs or worse spiders and now I'm so scared of any and all bugs I'm constantly looking everywhere and jumping cuz I get startled over everything!! I'm sick of being terrified 24\7 please if you have heard of anything like this let me know I will be so grateful to you .....I don't feel anything in my privates at all really sometimes once in awhile I'll feel a crawling sensation but I jump in the shower asap lol sorry for the long rant sad I know you don't need the life story I guess I'm just venting 

• Posted

Hi Gigglygrl

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

I have had the same thing for the past 4months. Half of my hair has fallen out in the past week. I think it's more than one thing.. I think I got Loa Loa, River Blindness, or Strongyloisiasis, and it suppressed my immune system which opened up the door for common types of funguses and bugs to invade.. I think the hair & scalp problems are White & Black Piedra because of the occasional metallic-sounding hair when I brush. I've seen really tiny flies (probably from fruit) occasionally, and I'm guessing that they occasionally lay eggs on my scalp which explains the inconsistency of the symptoms..

Wash everything in hot water with Borax and use the dryer.

Keep your skin covered at all times.

Shower every day and shave your entire body, even if you don't really have hair there still run your razor over it. Shaving the top layer of skin breaks up any fungal attempts to invade.

Cover your skin in Epson Salt, including your scalp & face, for as long as you can, in the shower every day.

Constantly change your towels and sheets.

Get a Permethrin Cream 5%prescription and use it in the spot you feel movement.

I've been putting 100% pure Tea Tree oil on skin lesions & on my scalp where it feels gritty and it seems to help sometimes.

I'm going to get some parasite and antifungal prescriptions and see what works

• Posted

I believe I have threadworms. First noticed anal itching end of 2015. Went to doc spring of 2016 and took 2 doses of mebendazol. No help. Took a dose of albenza- no help. Four doctors have sent me for testing and no worms show. This is hell. I'm 67, barely sleep because of the activity all over my body. I have the white things in my clothes, looks like skin flakes, the shiny things that resemble glitter. It's in my eyes, nose, feet. The things cling to my knit clothing even thru the wash. They are in my shoes, my hair, literally head to toe. I get very suicidal at times. I have 5 grands that I adore but I don't want them to get this life altering curse. I've taken OTC pills, cleanses. I have withdrawn from most social things as there is too much itching over my entire body. I've worn black clothing out and when I got home there were white things all on the outside, along with the shiny things, and the inside of my clothes was covered with white things. I wanted to die right there. I don't know how/why I go on. I don't have energy to clean as I should. My twin sis has this also, though not to the level of discomfort I experience. 

• Posted

I am following a WFPB way of eating. This is whole food plant base which is vegan without oils. When I gave up dairy, my itching stopped. Watch the movies "What the Health" and "Forks Over Knives". Many people are seeing positive results from many ailments and reversing many diseases with diet changes. My doctor recommended "Head and Shoulders" shampoo as a body wash. Look online for doctors who are WFPB. Best wishes!

• Posted

Well it is 3 times that i answer and each time it does not post... Anyway I have been having the same problem but I am doing much better...

I am using  Diatomeceous Earth DE for short in this post .

I also bought a dog shampoo for mange ( on Amazon) . I use it once a week all over my body and hair,  scrubbing my scalp, the inside of my ears , nostrils, between toes, belly button and my lower parts,, my eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows.

i rinse and dry myself with a clean towel then I rub coconut oil all over my body ... Inside all the nooks and crannies .  

Parasites do not like coconut... 

I wash my laundry in a specific way also, my towels, bed linen, under wears, night wear, and socks. I use very hot water and regular laundry soap and a little bleach for the first wash, then I wash them again with double dose of oxyclean , laundry soap and 1/2 cup of Borax.

i dry them on hot setting in the dryer adding a few drops of essential oil ( clove kills the eggs).

I use regular soap the rest of the time for my shower but the coconut one is probably better since coconut seems to kill or disrupt them. 

I use Diatomeceous Earth food grade all the time! I keep one little jar next to my bed and my kitchen sink and when I feel the crawlies I dab a little of powder on it. 

Once a week I rub D E on my scalp ( it even kills lice!!) it acts in a mechanic way...the silica in it cut them. I sleep with the powder in my hair ... You put very little and you rub it well it does not show you can use it during the day too , it works very well as a dry shampoo.

i use a little Diatomeceous E and rub it all over my body at night then the next morning I shower.i paint my bottom with it mixed with water ( the worms come out at night to lay eggs) I used to itch there but no more . 

a little goes a long way you do not want to breathe  the extra fine powder it is irritating..

I mix it up with water ( light milk consistency) and rub down my pantry... No more moth . For my closet I use a moth trap from garden alive and it catches a lot of moth! 

I rub my dog down with the powder and add some to her feed, 

I also make a very light liquid of it and manually spray it all over my grass outside ... Much less fleas! 

I made a heavier mix ... Like heavy cream and painted with a brush a circle on the trunks of my shrubs eaten by bugs ... They are not being eaten anymore.

i mean go on Amazon and read about it ... There are thousand of testimonies about Diatemaceous earth ... 

GOOD LUCK! Let me know if you get results!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.