Three weeks post A&P repair with pelvic floor repair!! Started bleeding every bm!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have now strted to need a bm every time I wee, not taking anything to soften bm as it's now really really soft,totally opposite my normal bm!!! I was told I might me impacted with poo, so after taking lactulose, laxido and glycerin suppositories , with no results I was then given lecicarbon suppositories ? All they shifted was the poo in my rectum, so can only assume I'm not impacted. Now everyone I wee I need a bm which is very soft, also I had stopped bleeding,but every time I have a bm I loose fresh red blood, been told this is normal, I have also strted to experience some stomach ache, which I haven't had before!! Sorry for the graphic details !!! I'm beginning to regret this operation !!

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello kim. The bleeding can be due to the sutures but with your other symptoms if you were a patient of mine I'd ask you to see a doctor. Can I ask who told you it was normal? Please don't regret having the operation, I promise it will get better and I think everyone feels this way at some point. Recovery isn't easy, I know only too well so listen to your body and just rest x

• Posted

Hi matron I telephoned hospital and spoke to nurses, then they spoke with consultant who told them to reassure me that this is quite normal, as is having the very soft Bm. She has a clinic Wednesday evening which she has now said I can go and see he if I want, which I am...
  • Posted

Your body is just taking time to adjust I think. I have had stomach ache as well, some days everything is great and others not so much. The first 2 weeks I was feeling fab but now nearly a month later I feel tired, shaky and just totally done in. Do you ever had what I can only describe as a "thick" feeling inside. It's as if everything is swollen and sticky. Again some days it's fine and others really bad.

It's still really early days and I think we all want instand results but we need to try and remind ourself our bodies are healing and some people take longer than others, 12 weeks seems to be the general healing time and here we all are ( I know I am) at only a few weeks hoping to feel brilliant . Just give yourself time and hopefully your body will sort itself out and it will have been a good decision for you to xx

• Posted

Hi, and thank you for your response, I think your right, it is early days, and that we need to give ourselves more time to heal completely. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Anne-marie I am 11 weeks two days post op for A/P and vagina repair and hysterectomy.   I know what you mean about feeling great some days and then tummy ache out of the blue and you think why?  I feel okay now but I know I feel inside there is a lot of healing to take place still.   Went in a car for about 20 minutes last night (I didn't drive) then sat in a restaurant for 2 and half hours then back in car along roads you think are smooth UNTIL you've had this op LOL!   Felt low grade ache last night and again this morning, so this is when I laze around and rest (read a book) for most of the day.     I also understand that 'sticky' feeling...I wondered what it was......main discharge stopped around 6 weeks but there is a little tiny watery discharge now that I actually feel sometimes coming down which is stained just slightly yellowish. I do feel 'wettish' inside which I hope is the norm.  I am past menopause so am use to being dry in that area before the op.  Everyone is different but for me personally I do believe it's going to take me the best part of 6 months maybe longer with things like not feeling that thickness way up inside (like a bit of cotton wool stuck there) and simply sitting down without being careful not to thump down haha.....   but for now even just over 11 weeks it is wonderful not to feel that bulge sticking out and to be able to do a normal BM as even that seems more straightforward now.     🤗🤗🤗

• Posted

Carole thank you so much for replying. Its good to hear of other people having the same feelings so you know its normal to feel that. You are spot on with it feeling like a bit of cotton wool stuck and for all it doesnt hurt it is a real discomfort.

I went out for dinner on sunday and sat for 2 hours and its not pain i feel, just discomfort really high up with sitting upright, i try to sit reclined as much as possible to stop the discomfort, Im hoping this gets better with time as well.

I know i shouldnt really look but i have and for all the bulge at the back is away i can still see what i think is a bulge at the front but when i go to the loo for a pee i am peeing what i think is "normal", it is definetaly better than before the op, dont know if this is just swelling i can see. I didnt really look before i had problems so dont know what "normal " is lol xx

• Posted

Lol.....me too!   I can't remember what is normal !     I decided to also have a look and all I know is that I now look like a young girl again!  I also took a tiny feel very carefully and felt a lump on both sides of the inside of the vagina.   I decided to Google and saw a photo and there was the same lump (not even a lump really).   I believe it is probably some swelling, or maybe my surgeon has made everything normal again as I had the vagina repaired as well.    I can't remember if everything was smooth inside before or whether is was a bit 'hilly' lol.

• Posted

I spotted with bm every time for 2 weeks
    • Posted

It's the report of fresh blood after 3 weeks which would concern me and the number of loose stools. Fresh blood at this stage would normally be checked out initially by a GP who would refer on back to the Urogynaecologist if he/she was unsure of the cause. I won't go into details of what could cause this but I think kim needs it checking out. Normally at 3 weeks post op it would be a brown discharge (old blood)

• Posted

Hi matron, I had stopped loosing altogether, just the occasional slightly coloured loss. That's why I was concerned as it's bright red, fresh blood. I am going back tomorrow night now to see the consultant . Thankyou x

• Posted

Agreed I'm 3 weeks also and have stopped spotting mostly . Didn't mean to infer that it's normal. Sometimes I don't use enough words lol

• Posted

It's difficult to express words on a forum but I knew exactly what you meant. That's why I stressed the 3 weeks xx

• Posted

Hi, don't worry it's fine!! Sometimes us lady's need another women's advice on these matters, so this forum is great for this, especially when your stuck at home !! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.