Thrush..the bain of my life

Posted , 31 users are following.

[quote:61330a21eb] sad I am so fed up. I get thrush every month without fail. It starts just before my period and gets worse through it.When it does clear, it reoccurs as soon as i have sex with my husband.I have tried all the usual creams, pessaries etc but to no avail.My periods are coming every two weeks now and lasting for 9 days or so.....My husband is fed up with the problems, but he wants to try it from my side.I have yet another gyny app next week, but this is really getting me down.....Is there no cure ???!!! [/quote:61330a21eb]

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi you are not alone, my thrush/bacterial vaginosis occurs every month the week before my period without fail! sometimes I need antibiotics but most of the time just have to persevere with creasm, pessaries and diflucan however I think am immune to these treatments as they dont seem to help anymore.

This is a hormone imbalance I am told and mine has got worse wince having my 3 children.

just been docs again today and they took more swabs which is always just so degrading! but went home with more cream, a pessary for tonight and metronidazole for a week! great. It does get you down my husband gets really annoyed with me because of it my sex drive is practically none existent! and im eith on my period or like you itching and going in sane because of this frustrating matter down below!

just thought I would let you know anyway if you read alot of the experiences you are not alone, I thought i was until I saw all this tonight, it does make you feel a little betetr although a cure would be even better!

keep your chin up!

xxxxx

• Posted

Have you tried Monostat cream or vaginal,supositories. Two weeks of treatment some times more. Yeast has taken over all the bacteria  yeast is awful. Monostat cream is available at your local drug store. 
  • Posted

Your not alone with this as I have exactly the same problem, I have to take antibiotics to clear mine up each month, as nothing else works. It is now causing problems in my relationship as well and doctors don't seem to understand why its happening and keep putting it down to a hormone inbalance but my hormone tests are always fine. Mine normally occurs a week before my period and can last for 2 weeks after so its kind of a routine I try to stay positive and think I won't get it this month but it never happens it always gets me!! ;-(. Not sure if you have tried it but bathing in tee tree oil does help ease the pain and itching good luck people :-) x
  • Posted

I am another unlucky girl who has been battling this horrendous cycle for the past 2 years!! I have gotten thrush through out my teenage years but when i became sexualy active with my partner 2 years ago thats when it all started.

I have tried EVERYTHING and seems to go for 2-3 months and then it just creeps up again after my period. Its making me so depressed as i didnt get it for 3 months and thought maybe i found the cure with the supplements i have been taking but woke up last night stinging and itchy down below. This is making me so depressed and taking a toll on my relationship. My partner has came with me to so many doc appoinment and been treated and everythingj ust like you girls my partner is fed up and i have lost my sex drive completely , instead of enjoying sex all i can think about it the horrible thrush im going to get a couple of days later. I dunno what to do ! I hate my stupid vagina !!!!!

• Posted

Monostat cream Monostat cereal will help it inserts inside the vagina . Two or three weeks treatment . Available at local drug stores. For more info see online or google.
  • Posted

Hey, I'm one of the unlucky girls too sad don't worry, you are not alone! I know that doesn't make you feel any good. But at least we know its common among girls after puberty! I feel horrible with this vaginal thrush! Its recurring every month and it stays for atleast 2 weeks starting from a week before the periods start until the periods end sometimes  it continues even after its got over! I don't know what to do!! But for now, all that's helping me are, 

1) every time after using washroom, rinse clean the vagina from front to back and then dry it with a soft towel and use some talcum powder to make sure its absolutely dry. I then used some lansinoh nipple cream on the walls of vagina... It helped me immensely. Though it helped only for sometime its a miracle cream. Relief in 5 minutes and it works for at least 4 hours. Apply good amount of lansinoh. Make sure it stays on the vagina for some time. 

2) I make solid pure coconut oil like bullets and keep it in the freezer. Use it like a pessary when you go to sleep or when you have some time to lie down. It helps for a little amount of time but it really helps. Trust me. 

Even clotrimazole is not helping me sad god only has to save us!!! Good luck girls! If you find any rememdy please let us know. 

• Posted

try Monistat cream available at amazon or google. Esta strength is useful .

evert time you have sex with your partner he is infected and you become reinfected. Be sure your clear  before sex. May take the 2-3,weeks. 

• Posted

Hi i have suffered from Thrush on and off for the past 23 years, I have tried all sorts of medication and it always reacurrs at some point. After doing lots of research on alternative cures the best cure i have found is to take a strong dose of Acidophilus. I also make my own pessaries the recipe is 3 tablespoons of coconut oil mixed in a bowl with 4 drops of thyme essential oil,4 drops of tea tree essential oil and 2 drops of lavender essential oil. Mix together and spoon onto a sheet of grease proof paper, roll up the mixture in the paper and put in the freezer. Break off a 3/4 " ( or cut with a knife)piece and insert internally nightly. Use for at least a month, you can stop when symptoms fade but always have some ready in the freezer for when you feel the symptons coming on again. Use some of the mixture to apply externally in the day time. It can be a messy mixture but i have finally found a cure that works for me.
    • Posted

It's been 2 years has your treatment still been beneficial for you? I'm a long time sufferer of yeast infections and new to this forum

• Posted

Not sure if this is directed to me or not but this is what I did. I stopped all anti fungal medication (by mouth and topical) I stopped all probiotic and initially stopped all yogurt (I now eat a bit). I used baking soda and still occasionally. I find if it burns on the outside I will apply a bit of barrier cream to protect the skin. Hope this helps. Changed my life.
    • Posted

I have gelatine capsules size 00 that I filled up with baking soda.  I insert one at night time. Next day it will burn and you will feel very wet and like something is wrong. I did repeat and used diaper cream to protect the skin. After a few days I started feeling much better and could not believe it. It had been years. I now feel sometimes things get umbalanced ( burning/ swelling) so I will insert with finger a paste made of baking soda and water. I find that the ph of sperm messes with my ph.   Google cytolytic vaginosis maybe what you have. I was told too keep taking probiotic, fluconazole, boric acid etc and only really made me worse. Now I understand why the doc kept saying all my swabs were negative. I just don't know why she told me to take the meds and treat it for years.  Hope it helps don't give up but try something else. Contact me again if you want i understant your pain

• Posted

I used to suffer from continual and really bad thrush, and went to quite a few doctors. I eventually found one that recommended oil of oregano - I took one capsule a day every day for quite a while, and have had a lot less thrush since - I haven't had it since July last year.  
  • Posted

Hi I have suffered the same thing recently and I compeletly get it I got really down about it as it was causing a few problems with me and my bf. I got told from the Dr that every women will ususally suffer the week before/during their period due to the change in the PH balance. She also said to me that as I dont always use a condom becuase Ive been with BF for so long now that it could be that he has carries it but doesnt have the symptoms. So he has to get a treatment too if I get it becuase its like a vicsious circle and you just keep passing it back and forth. They also said that we should use some lube because it could be friction that causes it. Since then we use lube and make sure that you shower after! I found that this has helped and I dont seem to suffer as much (touching wood)!!!

I hope this helps x

• Posted

Ladies, I signed up to reply to this thread. I suffered from chronic thrush in my early twenties. It was the bane of my life as some of you are saying. Then I stopped eating marmite/vegemite and it went away (I can't remember how quickly) and didn't come back. I was finally cured. I am now mid 40s and I've only suffered from it about 3-5 times in the past 20 years. I also must advise not to ever have intercouse without LOADS of lubrication. Your own natural secretions are sometimes not enough particularly if you are a little bit dehydrated at the time. If that is the case, use a lubricant. But most importantly, if you eat marmite/vegemite give it up completely! I would give yoghurt a miss too. Try it for 3 months. It worked for me and it's a pretty simple remedy.
    • Posted

Hi

I was hoping you could elaborate a bit further. How often did you eat vegemite? Daily, a few times a week? I eat Vegemite...not a lot though but I'm open to trying almost anything. I have suffered from recurrent thrush for about 20 years. Treatments are becoming less effective and I'm running out of solutions and patience.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Sneki

Try virgin coconut oil ( get the proper stuff it costs between £6 - £10), you can use it on its own but i add a few drops off tea tree,lavender and thyme oil. I too have suffered from reocurring thrush for the past 20 years and this is the only effective cure for me. You must take a strong probiotic and look at your diet to see if you are having too much sugar, alcohol etc. I had got rid of mine completely and i started making Keifer jucie from Kiefer grains and that killed all the good bacteria in my gut i didnt realise the cause for a few months till i did some research.

• Posted

Thanks Anne

I have thought about coconut oil but haven't tried it yet.

So are you just applying this to the vulva area?

Is it daily or just when you feel like your are getting thrush symptoms?

I appreciate your help. Thanks

• Posted

I make little pesseries by putting a few tablespoons of virgin coconut oil in a small jar and melting it over a bowl of boiling water,then i add my essential oils. I pour some of the mixture into an empty ice cube try filling each cube of the tray with no more than half of the mixture. This sets very quick in the freezer, i break off a half the pesseries and insert it just before  i get into bed it does melt very quick but it will work well internelly while you are asleep. I apply the rest of the mixture externally several times a day with cotton wool. Be patient it may take weeks to cure this but its worth it, bad cases of thrush don't go away quick so just reapeat this process everyday. Hopefully you will find instant relief the coconut oil is very soothing. I use organic extra virgin coconut oil
    • Posted

Thank you. I'll pop into a heath shop after work tomorrow and see if I can find these things. I'll give it a go for sure. 👍
    • Posted

Hi Anne

Thought you might be interested in the outcome of the coconut oil. So I bought organic virgin coconut oil and make little frozen cubes out of it. I found a kids ice tray in Kmart in the shape of little fish lol. So they're not too big. I used one every night for 6 nights. After a couple of days my skin settled down completely. I was also applying the oil to my vulva area during the day when it felt irritated or itchy and it soothed it immediately. So I’ll keep doing this but have stopped using it overnight, so I’ll see how I go from here.

I don't know if I actually had thrush on this occasion as I didn't go to the doctor to get a swab as I’m so sick of going to the doctors. But my symptoms were those of thrush. So whether I had it or not, I'll never know but whatever I had, the coconut oil fixed it. 

Thank you so much! Fluconazole tablets don't work and I get allergic reactions to the creams. The pain from the reaction I get to the cream coming into contact with my vulva skin is unbearable so I was really running out of options. So thanks again.

There was another post of someone using oregano oil. So I bought that too but haven’t used it yet as I have had to. 

• Posted

Sneki,

You say your skin settled down after a couple of days. What about the discharge? Have other typical symptoms disappeared too?

I am mostly bothered by the thick, lumpy discharge and the itchiness although I am lucky not to feel as itchy as most other women. It is intermittent and moderate in my case but the tests have confimed large quantities of candida albicans so I know for sure that is what I have.

• Posted

Thats great news Sneki im so pleased for you alternative methods are the only solution as far as im concerned
    • Posted

Hi Kouic

Sorry for such a late response.

My symptoms sound different to yours but thrush nevertheless. I rarely get the lumpy discharge. My thrush is usually just red, itchy, irritated etc. But still so so uncomfortable.

So the coconut oil seemed to fix it last time and I have been free from any such symptoms for about 5 months. However it might be back. I started feeling the symptoms again this morning. I'm trying the coconut oil again so we'll see what happens. I'd try the coconut oil if the pharmacy medications don't work for you. I can't use them at all.

Best of luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.