Thyroid connection

Posted , 17 users are following.

My doctor is checking my thyroid again. Have a swollen thyroid. Have any of you with thyroid issues along with LS had swollen thyroid? I'm so stressed about this all.

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Got some of my blood test levels but not from my nurse so I'm somewhat in the dark.

My TSH is 8.78

Antibodies TPO 372

Anti GT 51. All of the above are high but I'd welcome soem comments.

What is anti GT?

• Posted

Hi, I've been diagnosed with LS about 6 months ago and I also have a swollen thyroid . A couple of weeks ago I had a biopsy and the results came back not cancerous. After the biopsy the swelling has gone down a little bit as they drained some fluid out at the same time. I have a few nodules buy the thyroid function is normal so the doctor is only going to keep an eye on it without any treatment at the moment. I did ask if it's connected to LS but I was told it has not been proven :-(

I'm really struggling at the moment. I was using 3 steroid creams starting with the strongest one and now on the weakest and the symptoms are all back plus spread to an us area as well. The skin is raw and very painful, I can't sleep at nights.

I've only just joined the group and reading some of the posts I find them very helpful and also supporting. So thank you!

• Posted

I am planning to have my thyroid checked, next week. It looks to me like if you have LS, that thyroid problem are likely. I do have quite a few of the symptoms. I need to find out if my insurance will cover this, though.
  • Posted

Still waiting on ultrasound report. Doc thinks I have thyroiditis. Waiting for more specifics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.