Thyroid connection

Posted , 17 users are following.

My doctor is checking my thyroid again. Have a swollen thyroid. Have any of you with thyroid issues along with LS had swollen thyroid? I'm so stressed about this all.

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes Sandra I did, got diagnosed with hyperthyroid too. LS is believed to be autoimmune and may be linked to thyroid

I just had my thyroid ablation/ radiation maybe mine will chill out now, when u getting a ultrasound of your thyroid?

• Posted

Sandra

if you are having labs done...go and have a look at Joe in the hypothyroid section. He has had a full panel of tests. Thats what you want to ask your doc to do for you.

xxxxxxxx

• Posted

I am from Canada. As I understand the threshold where one gets treatment in Canada is such that you can be symptomatic but they still won't treat you. (Until it reaches a certain level). I was borderline some years ago. They did repeat bloodwork till I went to a normal level with one test! So I def had the tendency.
    • Posted

If my levels are still borderline and he doesn't want to treat me, I may resort to natural methods.
    • Posted

I am also Candian.I was told not to eat kale or salt and something else that I can't remember,  My thyroid was taken out almost 2 years ago and the LS has basically disappeared.  I still use coconut oil twice a day as a precaution and comfort. My thyroid was cancer but that is gone now too.
    • Posted

seems so.  The skin is now of normal pink colour  of which it wasn't for years.  The itch is gone, which it wasn't for years , not a minutes rest.

The labia has returned to so so normal but the clitorus is still covered.

(can't have everything) 

There is a definite connection between LS and thyroid. One of the questions I was asked by the doctor when first seen for thyroid was do you have dry skin.....

• Posted

I wish I had , had my thyroid removed many years ago. So many problems,including osteoporosis. When it was too high, the hormone depletes your body of calcium.Now LS for 2 years. Endocrinologist do not recognize the LS connection.Even tho I am on the correct amount of synthroid for the Blood levels of thyroid , my skin is extremely dry. That includes vagina. Can I ask what thyroid supplement you are taking, and what dosage ? My condition is called HASHIMOTOS THYROIDITIS,autoimmune, of course.Anyone else been living with this?
    • Posted

Cynthea, the balancing of the thyroid is not as simple as the medical world does want you to believe.  I've struggled with it for years and years.  Till I visited a nature path who happened to know a lot about the thyroid and the adrenal glands.  I have mentioned it earlier - go look at Mary Shoman's website about thyroid problems and all that surrounds it.  She started this website many years ago when she struggled with a thyroid problem herself.  Hers was Hashimotos.  I remember that at one time she went to a conference of the pharmaceutical industry.  They were celebrating the success of a certain thyroid drug while she tried to say: Hellooooo, do you know that it doesn't entirely work. Her writings and findings were a great support to me at the time.  It was often as if she was telling my life story.

Whether LS is a result of the thyroid malfunctioning I would not be able to tell.   

• Posted

Hi Cynthia,

The one I take is Eltroxin 0.1MG

Under that it reads Levothyroxine Sodium,

I saw my oncologist almost 2 weeks ago and at that time I asked if I was on a very high dose and she said there is no such thing as a high dose as each one is tailored to the person. I haven't done any research on this problem I just do what the doctor says....except I know that I must take it or I would die in about 3 weeks. The thyroid is a regulator in your body.

• Posted

Did you say you take a thyroid supplement, Hammy. I know full well how complicated this is. It does regulate everything. Once I tried to reduce it by half, and got into big trouble. I will follow up with your suggestion to read Mary's website. It is frightening to think about changing medications tho, at this point. I have had my adrenal levels checked. They were ok. Thanks so much Hanny
    • Posted

You still have a thyroid and that is good. I don't have one at all,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.