Thyroid problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, ladies

ladies I would like to know is any of you ladies having thyroid problems going through menopause, Do menopause cause thyroid problems.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i think so, i was feeling awful with no explanation , My GP tested my thyroid levels and they have continued to rise i was treated with synthroid and my numbers went down but i felt worse . i finally started HRT in march but my thyroid numbers have again increased. i do feel way better mentally on HRT and can function, its not a huge nightmare anymore but im not back to normal by any means

• Edited

Can menopause cause thyroid problems??? That is a huge YES!!!!!!! When you lose your hormones your adrenaline's start to help take up the slack of your failing ovaries. If your adrenaline's are fatigued and cannot take up the slack then your thyroid jumps in and tries to help. Estrogen dominance usually causes hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's. When you have gotten through most of perimenopause, when your estrogen and progesterone are very low and your adrenaline is putting out surges of adrenaline, epinephrine, and norepinephrine your thyroid can go hyper. A lot of women end up going on thyroid medication. However if you plan to use HRT then tell your doctor because that will affect your thyroid and the thyroid medication. Sometimes HRT is all it takes to fix an unstable thyroid.

• Posted

I give up They refuse to let me post my information????

• Edited

Oh yes, Mine just pooched out on me recently, seems it's pretty normal during Menopause.. I'm wondering if any other women are having issues with chest pressure and shortness of breath, I've had all the tests to see if it's medical, seems it's not, maybe it's just some strange symptom of out of control hormones. but it seems to come and go, some days I can breath just fine and then other day's it's pressure in the lower of my lungs, and then I feel like I can't breath.. it's scary but I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with along with all the millions of other symptoms I've had starting at age 42, and now I'm 53.. started off with 4 years of heart palpitations 24-7 then crazy mood swings, restless legs, itchy crawly skin, thinning hair, massive bloating and gas pain, migraines , body odor changes, no appetite, no sense of taste, dry skin, oily skin. itchy crawly scalp.. can't sleep, sleep too much. bla bla bla.. the list goes on for ever and every.. basically it all around SUCKS! and I feel like total S**T most of the time, literally feel like I'm dying each and every day.. feels like it will NEVER EVER EVER end.. and I'm getting tired and frustrated as hell about all of it..

• Posted

hay, hun

are you losing any weight with and appetite. my Appetite goes and come, yes I had that shortness of breath yes it's awful I get bloated to I have stomach issues. are you having any stiffness I have on my left side by my rib cage I am so sore

• Posted

im the same, are you in actual menopause now or still having periods? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.