Thyroid symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I had my thyroid removed in 2009 ( cancer in goitre ) I was put on 175 levothyroxine recently and docs say it's fine I recently had surgery an I felt terrible couldn't understand why ? Went to doc they said anxiety huh I accepted that yet it jus didn't feel right I went to chemist as I jus wanted to know if I could have a multivitamin or something to pick me up he was amazing took me in an said it could be my thyroid as surgery causes it to go bad the doc refused to test my blood so I did something stupid an tried to medicate myself 1 day I took 175 next day 200 but last couple of days I have had some weird symptoms I had shaking hands yesterday and lightheaded and today if had trembles in my leg numbness and tingling in face that's spreading and generally feeling off I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this kind of thing ? Or if they could tell me there symptoms when there medications isn't right ? I'm going to see doc this week as something clearly isn't right but was hoping for some reassurance until then

Thank you

Thyroxine 175

B12 injections

Folic acid 5mg

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I would get your calcium checked I have just found out after eight months I have low calcium I havnt felt right in my self I started off with shaking I have felt awful for a long time I start my calcium tablets tomorrow so I'm hoping I feel better soon
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply

I hope you do feel better on the calcium it's awful feeling this way

Was your symptoms similar to mine ?

I asked my doctor to check all my vitamins an calcium but they jus say yeah we have then when I see a different doctor they say you might need your b12 I reply that it's all been checked they reply no it hasn't so frustrated with docs at min lol

• Posted

Yes I had all your symptoms iv Just had my parathyroid checked it that's come back ok u need vit d checked if you havnt already ul be surprised what vid d deficiency can do makes you feel awful

• Posted

Thank you I will get it all checked as soon as I can I just wanna get better fast so I can be a good mum it's frustrating knowing that something is wrong but no one will listen docs think it's all in your head

Thank you again for replying x

• Posted

And tingling in the face and hands and feet are symptoms too and a feeling of being unwell
    • Posted

Yes I do the doctors have been telling me for months all bloods are normal so I kept on and on till they actually did test everything and my calcium was low I would look up on Google like I do I thought I had leukaemia and all sorts but my doctor told me today no wonder uv been tired and unwell it calcium deficient
  • Posted

Hi, sometimes shaking can come from  doses of thyroxine that are taken to close and or are changed to a higher dose.  All meds have  a half life and can stick around in your body for up to 12 hours longer.  Hyperthyroidism can happen when your meds are not adjusted well enough, and you can get shaking, from that.  Make sure your T3 & T4 levels are checked frequently and make sure your blood sugar is not too low as that can cause shaking. The Thyroid and the meds makes your metabolism speed up and maybe it is causing you to have a low blood sugar at times. Get on Calcium tabs, as others have said.
    • Posted

Thank u for the info I've been feeling worse and worse and doctors just keep saying anxiety I brought a multivitamin with calcium but only started today I think I need to change doctors as these ain't taking me seriously and keep chucking antidepressants at me I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown at the min so not me

Thank u again x

• Posted

I changed doctors and if finally found out I have a calcium deficiency iv started my calcichew twice a day I have loads more energy
    • Posted

So glad you are feeling better it's amazing what such a simple thing can do to us I'm having some bloods done tomorrow an although I've asked about calcium my doctors always dismiss it so I'm gonna start looking into it myself and try to supplement thanks for your advice and help it's appreciated x
  • Posted

Many people who have Thyroid problems have low Vit D and B-12 levels. So get tested for both.  Please take a Calcium Supplement or a good multi-vitamin.  Having LOW  B-12 can make you tired and cause a condition called Pernicious  Anemia,  but the B-12 can be replaced.  Next time you see your GP ask him or her to order these simple blood tests.  I hope this helps.
    • Posted

I've just asked and am having some tests done tomorrow thyroid vit b12 vit d as well as few more I'm already on b12 and folic acid because of thyroid deficency so I'm hoping that 1 is out of whack and will b corrected soon I invested in a multivitamin but will look into extra calcium as well can't hurt thanks so much for the reply and advice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.