Thyroid symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I had my thyroid removed in 2009 ( cancer in goitre ) I was put on 175 levothyroxine recently and docs say it's fine I recently had surgery an I felt terrible couldn't understand why ? Went to doc they said anxiety huh I accepted that yet it jus didn't feel right I went to chemist as I jus wanted to know if I could have a multivitamin or something to pick me up he was amazing took me in an said it could be my thyroid as surgery causes it to go bad the doc refused to test my blood so I did something stupid an tried to medicate myself 1 day I took 175 next day 200 but last couple of days I have had some weird symptoms I had shaking hands yesterday and lightheaded and today if had trembles in my leg numbness and tingling in face that's spreading and generally feeling off I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this kind of thing ? Or if they could tell me there symptoms when there medications isn't right ? I'm going to see doc this week as something clearly isn't right but was hoping for some reassurance until then

Thank you

Thyroxine 175

B12 injections

Folic acid 5mg

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Samantha, keep in touch and I hope all of the tests will be okay. Be well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.