Tight chest for more than 4 hours since extreme panic attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I am new to this and I'm in need of some guidance.

im dealing with quite a lot, today I feel like everything has hit me at once. My anxiety has been very bad for quite awhile. I stress sweat regularly and I experience nausea and sleep paralysis. Today was one of my worst episodes. I've had a tight chest ever since this is something new I am quite worried. Advice welcome I'm a 24 yo female

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

tightness in the chest is usually another anxiety symptom so I would not worry too much.

Richard

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Richard. It's 4 am my chest is still very tight especially left side I'm hoping it calms down soon so I can sleep.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear your feeling panicky today Ashley,

just noticed your post, do you take anything when you feel as bad as this? X

• Posted

I am on Avanza 2x 30 mg at night but I ran out today unable to go to the chemist. I'm really trying to calm myself but it's very tight in my chest. Thankyou for your reply I appreciate it 
  • Posted

only 4 hours?? well i have been there for more than 4 years lol dont worry u will survive and u will live untill u hate seeing ur face in mirror smile drink alot of water and take a deep breath! watch funny movie or go dance, girls love dance lol u will be ok
    • Posted

Not just a tight chest I'm constantly sweating I can't eat it's a number of things. It's new that the tight chest has lasted so long it's 4am here. Thanks for your advice 
  • Posted

This is quite normal after a panic/anxiety attack. I get it a lot for days on end. Hang on in there :-)
    • Posted

That's great to hear.. If u know what I mean. I was quite concerned even considering the hospital! Thankyou! smile wish u the best 
  • Posted

I haven't heard of Avenza, is that an SSRI? Xx
    • Posted

Have you heard of Remeron or Mitrazon? That's the other brand names. I looked it up and I don't think it's an SSRI. It's probably terrible I don't know much about it. When my dr. Prescribed it I told him I don't want an anti depressant that makes me up but calms me download I've struggled with insomnia for quite awhile. Interested in any info u might have biggrin 
    • Posted

I meant down not download... Autocorrect 
    • Posted

Yes Iv heard of them, anxiety and insomnia go hand in hand don't they.

dont worry about having to take something that helps you, I was like you and didn't like taking anything but life goes on and you have a life to lead....if you need something to help live it then so be it.

i used to be on Trazadone 50mg at night, helped with anxiety, low mood and insomnia xxx

• Posted

It's horrible when you feel like that....especially in the wee small hours of the morning.

can you open a window and breathe in some fresh aír or just sit on your back step. X

• Posted

I will do that now. It's interesting to see so many others that suffer but are still willing to help someone in need. Thanks for taking the time to msg me xx
    • Posted

No problem, yes it is amazing how many people suffer from it. I was taken aback. 

You our know what I do when Im panicky and trying to sleep, snuggle up, shut my eyes and imagine myself on a beach, all on my own, very safe. Just sitting there and the water keeps touching my toes, Im at peace and zim happy and Im safe. Xxx

• Posted

That sounds nice... So much has gone on lately that's it's hard to feel safe at all. But I need to make an effort to tackle this and not give in to it. Xx
    • Posted

Anxiety is actually an emotion just like hunger or thirst it's just telling you something, usually it's not feeling safe. When your hungry your tummy rumbles and that tells you, you need food. When your thirsty, you need fluid. When you have anxiety you need to feel safe in order for it to calm down xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.