Tight foreskin, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm 23 years old and I use a wheelchair as I am handicapped and can't walk. My penis foreskin doesn't get pulled back completely while erect. I haven't had sex till now, but I can masturbate without any pain or discomfort. I want to know if there is any way to fix this problem without going to the doctor. I have also googled this and read about stretching the tip of the foreskin but I'm not sure if I should pull it back or pull it to the sides or if I should try pulling it back while erect or while flaccid. I also want to know if this tight foreskin could cause pain or discomfort while having sex.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If you can fully retract when soft, and masturbate without discomfort, then there may not be a problem having sex either.  You can make it looser by stretching - usually pulling it down while erect.  Why wouldn't you want to see a doctor though?  They can tell you if there's really a problem or not, and also prescribe a steroid cream to help with stretching.

If you want to add pics, this should help you add images:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser.

Some of these links may help:

https://patient.info/doctor/phimosis-and-paraphimosis  (written for doctors)

https://www.15square.org.uk/

• Posted

I don't want to go to the doctor because my parents have to take me to the doctor as I use as a wheelchair. I am embarrassed to discuss this issue with my parents. Here in India people don't talk openly about sex or anything related to it. I have tried to retract it when soft and even when erect and it doesn't get retracted completely, I don't feel any pain both the times.

• Posted

Surely you should be enabled to go to the doctor without having to say why you want the consultation?! It seems very wrong to not be in a position to have that kind of privacy.
    • Posted

You could make up a different reason to see the doctor.  Tell them it's really painful when you urinate or something.

Or you could just tell them the truth.  Sure, it's embarrassing, but your parents want what's best for you.

• Posted

Any of the techniques you mention could work, but if you are too rough, could also cause minor injury, which would then hold back progress. First be sure you can pull back completely without erection. Then gradually increase the times you pull back when semi-erect or fully erect. Your doctor may be able to prescribe creams etc to help the skin become more malleable. It may take some months, but with daily attention you will get there, and maybe give yourself a lot of pleasure in the process!

If you have frenulum breve, there may be some bleeding during intercourse, but this can be helped with a minor operation - and does not require full circumcision. I hope you will never agree to have one done, as you will deprive yourself of a lot of important pleasure-providing nerve endings in the foreskin tissue. Not everyone, however, needs to retract the foreskin fully either for hygiene or successful sex. The main thing is to esxperiment patiently, and ask any partner to help, which can be all part of the fun.

• Posted

It can't be pulled back even when the penis is not erect. Also I wanted to know if I will get more pleasure during maturation or intercourse if I manage to retract it back completely.

• Posted

It should be pleasurable anyway, but I think you'll get more pleasure if your foreskin is fully retractable.

• Posted

You might be interested in a book by Arvin Brits called Phimosis Cure. It is available as an ebook from Amazon.
    • Posted

It is not possible to pull the skin back while my penis isn't erect, it's easier to pull it back while erect. I could see a little bit of the inner part of the penis after stretching skin for few days which I couldn't see before , I will keep stretching it and see if it works.

• Posted

Hello, sorry for getting back after a long time but I started stretching the foreskin last month and about a week earlier I managed to pull it back completely and exposed the head/glans about 3 to 4 times. But the foreskin is still a little bit tight around the base of the head/glans when I have pulled it back completely and I need to squeeze the penis to make the foreskin go back over the head. Will the top of the foreskin become looser if I keep pulling it below the head? Today I managed to pull it back and send it back over the head 4 times without any pain. It only pains a little bit around the base of the head when completely erect.
    • Posted

Sounds as if you are doing well, and making good progress. As far as I remember from seeing various websites, it is also helpful to stretch the foreskin forward, away from the body. Again, I think patience is the most important part of this process!
    • Posted

That sounds like significant progress in a month, and it sounds like you're going to be fine, but I'd keep going if I were you.  You should be able to retract easily, and put it back easily once it's gone soft again.  Don't overdo it - it shouldn't be painful, and if it is, that can be making things worse not better.

• Posted

There's not much pain when I am retracting it or when I touch the head, as I told before I get a little bit of pain at the base of the head when I try to erect it fully. I stop retracting anymore when it starts to pains.

• Posted

I figured out why the foreskin was tight at the base of the glans, the frenelum is too tight. Are there any stretching techniques to loosen it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.