Tightening in joints and legs

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have extremely painful tightening of joints in legs and arms. It is very

painful to loosen the joints. Once loosened it takes very little time before

they tighten again. My legs ache also from this. My hand tightens also

and I can only describe it like fingers made of metal which sounds stupid.

I haven't heard of this as classic sign of crps but I am sure it is.

Does anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm not sure that I could loosen my joints when I had CPRS because of the intense pain but eventually the skin became tight and I can relate to the surreal "tinny metal" feeling...mine came with shooting pains like a knife cutting into the metal.  I was diagnosed with CRPS about 8 years ago...red/purplish coloration and mostly severe burning sensation and knife like feeling when weight bearing.  Went through months of pain management, nerve blocks and was told there was no cure.  Then ran across a natural (which I normally don't believe in) treatment to reset the autonomous nervous system between leg and brain...3 months of immobilization, elevation and sensitivity therapy with an anionic polyacrylamide castalternating in 8 hour periods.  Had relief after 12 weeks and complete cure after 24 weeks...no recurrence 8 years later.  Good luck with yours...I know the frustration of being told there's no cure and then nerve blocks and ketamine treatments and all these treatments that did nothing while your life is on hold.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.