Tightening in joints and legs

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have extremely painful tightening of joints in legs and arms. It is very

painful to loosen the joints. Once loosened it takes very little time before

they tighten again. My legs ache also from this. My hand tightens also

and I can only describe it like fingers made of metal which sounds stupid.

I haven't heard of this as classic sign of crps but I am sure it is.

Does anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Good luck x
    • Posted

Enjoy your night tonight ., enjoy your drinks., have a couple drinks for me 😉.,

• Posted

Ta, had becks blue, boo! Ha ha, can't drink with all these meds.

Haven't had drink since accident. Do miss my beloved glass of

Wine. One day soon I hope.

• Posted

Lol., yep I know the feeling of not being able to have little glass of wine here and there., didn't have a drink for over a year ., ever since my surgery

• Posted

Ladies what meds are you on ???
    • Posted

I was reading our comments and in one of them I mentionned 8 weeks off work., it's 28 weeks off work and on crutches., my bad lol., I was a pro on crutches lol.,33 weeks by the time I started work slowly., for meds omg ., don't know the name of all if them but I was on 4 different kinds to start with then when those were done they prescribe me lirica., didn't took those for long .,felt like I was drunk and hungover all the time with those lol., so I stopped them., right now not taking nothing just barring one day at a time .,

• Posted

Lisa are you still on crutches ?

I was on lyrica too. I take 25mg for anxiety now. Low dose works for tha. On amitriptyline 10mg at night gets me drowsy so I can fall asleep. I was in hosp last week had epidural innlower spine. It hasn't helped Pain yet ..: also got the lumbar block end of Feb did nothing for me. Today it's damp. Just back from park with kids. I put a heat patch on my back and well i think that helped my foot pain weird I know hahaha

• Posted

Hi Brenda., no I'm not on crutches since end of august., I can walk just my bad foot and leg are not moving right., I can't bend my toes., going up and down stairs is tricky sometimes ., I can't run ., I would of probly ran faster with my crutches lol ., I'm the same when the temperature changes I feel more pain or my foot gets more stiff depending on the the weather.., I went to one of my oldest daughter hockey game this winter and just the cold from the arena I could barely move my foot for few days ., it got swollen and painful., it's odd., it's like it has a mind of it's own ., but like you did keeping something warm can help., sometimes I put my blankets in dryer just to warm them up or even my socks before putting then on my feet.,

• Posted

Well done for walking without crutches. I use one in the house sometimes to help the pain on a bad day. Running I doubt I will ever run again. I used to run 6km comfortably. Miss it so much

Great tip about the dryer !!

• Posted

Sorry to hear your still In pain after the block .., I didn't get the block treatments but when I was in physio she did some sort of laser treatment ., it was suppose to help agitate the nerves of my foot and leg to help blood flow going back in my foot .., but that wasn't any help ., only made the pain worse .., rsd attacks the nervous system and it causes to slow down the blood flow to the affected area., strange how it works and the feeling that I causes

• Posted

Wow 6km..,that was good .. I still have my crutches in the closet just in case ., I walked with a can after that for a while but just got tired of it .,, and yes for the dryer ., try it ., I think it helps some what ., not always but still can try
    • Posted

Daily I am on lanzoprazole, 8 paracetamol, 1000mg naproxen,

600 mg pregablin, 20mg oxycontin, approx 15 mg oxymoron,

50mg amitriptyline, 30mg lactose.

Is this same for most folk?

• Posted

Hi. That lot of meds. So is pain under control with all that ? How do you feel on those meds ? I can't get over 50mg of lyrica which you are on 600. I am very sentive to meds and get all the s/e. Going to ask to increase to 20mg of amitriptyline asap. I had bad night with pain

• Posted

I now take Ketamine solution also, lol. I think they help but not

Totally. I have changed amitriptyline to duplications to help with

Low mood, it's a bit better drug for me but felt sick at first. I now

Get lidocaine infusions which are very good and make big difference

Maybe you can get these, if they work you can reduce meds. That is what

I am trying to do.

Best of luck

• Posted

Thanks.

I must ask consultant about infusions. What do they work? Do you go into hospital

• Posted

Called lidocaine infusion. You go into hospital, it's an iv, so

intravenous drip. I have needle put in hand, doesn't hurt. The

procedure doesn't hurt. I slept through a lot of one, nice sleep, lol.

another time I did experience a bit of hallucination for short time

, just telling you all but that might be rare. It just means they tried to put

drug into my system too quickly. I will tell them and they will set it to go

through slower, no problem. It then can take few days for it to start

working but I do then get benefit. My hands used to be in pain all day and now

I have sensation still but not debilitating pain. I do still have pain in foot

But I assume it would be worse without infusion. It then lasts varying

amount of time for different people. The aim would be to get next infusion

when it has stopped being effective. In my hospital I go into a suite of 4 very comfortable

Reclining chairs. So an opportunity to chat to others with chronic pain issues. Very interesting

, then I fall asleep, ha ha. It can take up to 10 hours 1st time then less

Time dependent on your toleration.

Hope this helps. By the way I am Scottish but I assume services available

In America if that is where you live.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I am I ireland. I will ask about this on Wednesday. I have it innleft foot but it's starting innroght now and left shoulder Neck and back. I wonder would this stop it spreading ?

• Posted

It might? If body doesn't think under attack? Hopefully eh. Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Brenda I'm in dublin and the only person I know to have crps. Where are you based.if you don't mind me asking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.