Tightness

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all

does anyone experience little or no pain with costo but chest feels heavy/tight ?

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Edited

thanks not been my experience. I had a bit of soreness in the ribs and sternum

• Edited

That sounds like it could be allergies, the pollen count is very high today.

• Edited

do you feel sick when you smell food or try to eat it and fill full i keep having to burp for no reason

• Posted

you have exactly the same symptoms as me !! i cannot stomach food at all i dont feel hungry either and also i feel like i need to burp but i cant ?

• Edited

thats mental yeah my mum was cooking food i felt sick and i just feel full like ive already ate something i can burp but i burp loads lol but im drinking loads of water i just dont feel good about it at all which has bought on loads of stress!

• Edited

I also burp a lot more than I used to. Quite uncomfortable. My doc didn't seem interested in that though so I wasn't sure it was connected to Costo.

• Edited

I do get pain but i have breathing issues that occur without pain. Hard to know whether it's connected. I sometimes get a 'rising' sensation in my chest which seems to take my breath away. Can still train/workout despite this and my oxygen levels are fine. Very strange. Could also be associated anxiety as it makes me panic when my breathing changes.

• Edited

same with me i have breathing problems with no pain i had blood tests which came back perfect i had ecg came back perfect blood presures i had other bits done and all fine im putting it down to stress and costo but i feel so full cant eat hardly anything im burping so much and yawning alot more then anything

• Edited

also do you have any bowel habiats aswell? maybe we have a virus

• Posted

ive lost alot of weight through being stressed due to costo im finding it hard to gain weight im 17 and im under 6 stone !

• Edited

Nothing unusual. I've been like this since last summer. For me it could be an injury from the gym.

• Edited

same lost 5 pound in a week which is alot and plus im not eating have u tried eating

• Edited

I lost a lot of weight between Oct and Jan (2stone) as i wasn't eating. Had a gastroscopy in Jan to check for stomach issues but that came back normal. Seem to have ruled out any serious issues with loads of other tests but still doesn't feel great when chest pain and weird breathing starts (i get the breathing thing most days) . Am eating properly again now but smaller portions. Have not regained any weight yet. My confidence has taken a massive knock really. To be taken away from work in an ambulance will do that, i suppose. I have been suffering anxiety and panic attacks since the start of all this. That could also explain some of the weight loss.

• Posted

thats awful

hope your okay do you have any advice on how i could gain some weight as i used to be 7-8 stone and now im under 6

• Posted

my costo started after i was unwell in hospital and because i was sick so much i think its triggerd costo

• Posted

how much do you weigh if you dont mind me asking? im forcing myself because i cant afford to loose anymore weight

• Posted

im 12 stone but im fairly skinny does your belly rumbble alot makes loads of wierd noises all the time? mines has

• Posted

yeah it does but i dont have much of a appetite at all so i think im going to contact my GP

• Edited

Is your lack of appetite due to anxiety as well? I think mine was. (I'm not a comfort eater.) The pain was so bad that the last thing i wanted to do was eat as i was so worried about what it was. I basically started by only eating food i really like. I didn't really worry too much whether it was 'balanced' at the time. Once i started getting food through my system my appetite built back up.

• Posted

i think i could be making myself anxious by worrying about my chest pain too much i am trying everything just cant seem to build my appetite back up x

• Edited

I really feel for you. And for Kyron796..

You are both very young ( 17 & 19 I think, from previous comments) and can hopefully heal the injury quickly. If you're not reassured then you should definitely head back to your GP. Difficult at the moment with Covid etc, but could you get a phone appointment? You must tell them about your anxiety as well. My GP was great. Referred me to a CBT (therapist). That has been really useful for controlling anxiety while I try to get through Costo. There will be a waiting list but my referral came through after 4 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.