Time of day for zoloft?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Gotta a question, the other day I didn't take my zoloft until 2p.m. The reason was I had a doctor's appt concerning my blurry eye. Asked the doctor if I can take my pill now since I usually take it at 9a.m he said yes no problem. The next morning I wroke up and did not have my usual anxiety. So I figured that if I wait until alittle later in the day it might be better for me. While today the morning was great. No anxiety but it came back around 10 AM. So I hung in there and took my zoloft at eleven. My question is, does it take time for my body to adjust to the new schedule. Today was a little shaky. But if it does take time to adjust, I'll hang in there. Or maybe I need alittle higher dose. I take 50 now. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hello,

?my doc told me it doesn't matter when you take it it doesn't effect you right away its a long process . I would say if you are not feeling better within the 3 to 4 months staying at your dose upp it . I did that and my body is adjusting to it I'm feeling alittle better. better days are ahead. best wishes to you ,, your not alone!

• Posted

Thanks for replying , yes that's what I was thinking. It's still early in the game but giving it another month to see how it's going, if I still have the gap where it wears off before next dose than I might need a touch higher dose.

Thank you again

• Posted

Just me again Brenda. .I'm in same boat. .Still shakey. .Still anxious. And the gagging monster in the morning. .as you know I'm on 100mg. .. .at my wits end knowing wot 2 do 2 and into my third week of them come Monday. . Was just reading bout them. .and sez it can take up to 6/8 for them 2 really kick in. . . Sorry I can't be more positive for you. . And it's so hard 2 keep going to. . .my mood is so low. .

• Posted

Hi Ida Nice to hear from you. So you upped your dose. They say it's almost like starting again but not as bad.. But since I moved my dose up a couple of hours later I dont get the morning monster as soon as I wake up. Now it comes later on, to me it's like I might need a bit higher dose. Giving it another month on this dose and if same, I will see if I should go a bit higher. Thanks , and yes your input did help. Take care.

• Posted

Glad 2 be of help Brenda. .cos there's no simple solution to all this. .wee can just keep talking and encouraging anyone who needs us. .with this infliction. .take care and feel free 2 chat God bless

• Posted

Hello Ida my irish pen pal, how are you doing now. I haven't seen any posting from you and hope all is well and the zoloft is doing its job. I am doing pretty good, i still occasionally have stressful days and than anxiety kicks in alittle but nothing i can't handle. Right now I'm having stomach issues but as they say if it isn't one thing its another. Well i hope you have improved and are enjoying life. Take care friend 😎

• Posted

Personally I don't think it matters when you take med so long as its the same time every day. I take mine in the evening. Initially I took it in the morning and i swapped it to evening by taking half the dose on the morning and half at the night. By god I felt shocking but I felt shocking anyway! It takes some people a long time for this med to work. I personally have struggled ...i am up to 150mg now and today felt quite a bit better. The last 2 mornings I have not woken up soaked in sweat. I'm convinced that dehydration plays its part in making you feel shocking. Especially if you have a bad bum as well. ( mental note to self....drink more water)

Anyway I'm waffling again...Im off to bed with my tinitus for company

May the force be with us all

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Hi Brenda. .thot I would change my tabs from taking them at night. .so I've taken it this morning. . Nitemare. .got headache. .anxiety awful. Crying. .. sorry for being so negative. .but this is so horrible. .

• Posted

Hi Ida, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Did your counselor get back to you yet. If not you should call your doctor. If I'm thinking right you take yours at 10p.m. I'm not a doctor but if your going to change the time your going to take your tabs you should do it slowly. I'm sure someone on this forum can give you some advice on that. I'm like you, new to this game. Open up a new discussion and I'm sure there's someone on this forum that will answer your question. I wish I could help you but you need to get advice from a person who really knows their stuff about this drug. Don't want to lead you down the wrong path. We are all here to help you, each one of us has some knowledge or experience that just might answer your question. So hang in there , call your doctor, and start a new discussion. Take care. 😇

• Posted

Hi Brenda. .I've just started. Took one this morning for the first time. . If this is how one makes u feel. .I'll just go bk 2 nights. .and back to doc to. . As you said. .one step 4rd n 3bk. .havnt heard from councillor as yet. .u'd think they would be more thorough. . How are you feeling?

• Posted

Hi Ida, again feel for you. I have good days, at least that's what I call it when I only have anxiety 2to3 times. I think that I've been putting 2 much thought into if its working .I'm trying to just let go and let the drug do its thing. I know one day that it will fully kick in, and if it doesn't then I'll up it alittle. But of course I'll talk to my doctor first. But again it's a trial and error thing. I wish your counselor would contact you, maybe you should find one that you can go to . I'm wishing you the best, and sending angel blessing. 😇

• Posted

Thanku Brenda. .. it's a real struggle at mo. . .and over thinking isn't good but unfortunately comes with the complaint. . God bless

• Posted

Ida ..thats a bit like doubling your dose if you think about it. I replied to you yesterday about how i changed my dose time which really threw my body into a terrible state and i halved the dose. As I have posted before continuity is vitally important. When sert builds up in your system I don't think it makes an awful lot of difference when you take it so long as its always at the same time.

Good luck...you can do this

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Hoopz.

No I didn't double my dose. . I didn't take my dose last night as always. I skipped it. .and took it this morning instead. .maybe had worded my msg wrongly. . But now I know it's best taken at night. .which means I'll have to skip 2nights and take it 2moro night. .if that all makes sense. .and I'd always taken it at bedtime. .thanku so much for ur concern tho. God bless

• Posted

Hello Ida, how are you doing today. Did you get your medicine strengthen around. I hope that you will get relief soon. I know it's a hard road to travel but it seems most people on this med does improve. Next time you speak to your doc, mention the affects your having. Hoping you overcome this soon. Hang in there.😇

• Posted

Hi Brenda. . Not doing good at all. .it's immaterial when u take ur tabs. . Going back 2 taking them at night. .Been so weepy and anxious 2day. .its unreal. .sorry for complaining so much. .. it's been a rough one

.how are you doing?. .

• Posted

No worries, that's why we are all here, to support and comfort. Please let your doctor know how your feeling as soon as you can. There is no need to suffer, he or she might suggest another med for you or readjust what you are taking. I read on here that some people go to the er if it's too bad. I don't know where your from but here in the USA we have walk in clinics. There is a light at the end of this zoloft tunnel. Just hang in there, take care,and see your doctor . 😇

• Posted

Thank you for that info Brenda.

Can I ask wot the 'er' is .?. .I'm from Ireland.. . I havnt heard from my councillor as yet. . . .

• Posted

Sorry, emergency room, hospital. Forget that other countries have other names for it.😷

• Posted

Cool got a pen pal from Ireland. Hopefully your counselor will get ahold of you. Is there any way you can contact him.🙄

• Posted

I think Brenda means the Emergency Room. In in uk so im guessing. Equivalent of our casualty dept at hospital. I hope you are feeling better. I think you are feeling really awful because of time changing. Please stick to the same time. It's a very rocky road. Watch some comedy ..i watched vicar of dibley back to back in the early days when I felt shocking. Laughing does help and crying too. Keep on trucking ..you will get there

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Thank you Hoopz.

It nearly HURTS 2 laugh. .at the mo. . Bless you

• Posted

No Brenda she's 2 get back to me.

When.

She didn't say. . . Just a waiting game now.

My American pen pal. . 😊

• Posted

Thank you Hoopz. .it nearly HURTS to laugh at mo.

BLESS YOU. .

• Posted

BLESS YOU. .

• Posted

When.

My American pen pal. . 😊

• Posted

BLESS YOU. .

• Posted

When.

My American pen pal. . 😊

• Posted

Hi Brenda. .just back from doc. . He's given me anti sickness stuff in MEDICINE form . . Also . .got letter 2 go 2 see councillor next Tues. . Which I'm not really looking forward to. . As I've had to keep a food diary from last time. . And my eating habits had slowed down. . Hopefully this new medicine will help it build up again. . Please God. .

• Posted

Alright,so happy to hear that the doctor is listening to you and helping you. I'm going to pray that this is the answer to your problem. Don't fret about councilor (sorry probably not spelled right, in middle of cutting grass) they are there for you. Hang in there, we are here for you. 😇

• Posted

Thanku Brenda. .here's hoping. . Cos this HANGING in there is exhausting. . To say the least. . As for this councilling malarkey. . I'm a bit sceptical about it to be honest. . .get ur grass cut its to rain 2moro. . In IRELAND. 😉😊😉

• Posted

Hi Ida. Was wondering how your doing. Hoping the zoloft is working some for you. Today was not a good one for me. I think the extra stress i have right now is not helping. One day in the near future we will overcome. 😇

• Posted

Hi Brenda. .nice 2 hear from you. .yea I'm struggling on. . My head has level'd out slightly. .still very anxious tho. .Stress is a big thing for me to. .HAVING 2 go places more than WANTING 2. . mind you . .I having been to far away from home. . except for appointments. . Have councillor 2moro again. . 🙄 not looking 4rd 2 that. . . Do you think u shud up ur Zoloft?. .I have done better since upped to 100. .4wks ago. . . It's a merrygoround to say the least. . Anyhow take care for now Brenda and I'll be in touch. .

• Posted

Hi Ida, so glad to hear from you. Happy to hear that at least your head is leveled out some. I guess we have to take baby steps, and celebrate the little things. Hope all goes well for u with counselor. Yes I was thinking about calling doctor and upping my med, was holding off until June , that way he can't say that i didn't give it a chance at 50. Sending angel blessing, take care. 😇

• Posted

Hi Brenda. .yea. baby steps it has to be for now. . My doc upped my sertraline after just 2wks on the 50. . So uve tried hard in my opinion. . Councillor was pleased with me 2day as I've put on a couple of lbs. . Go bk in 2wks again. .so hoping things are on the turn. .please God.. . You shud get urs upped asap. .cos I started 2 feel better after he upped mine. . . Good luck my friend . GOD bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.