Time to say goodbye ........

Posted , 11 users are following.

I don't know if any one remembers me, but my is Cris and I had a bilateral knee replacement on the 3rd of Dec 2014. It's now 14 weeks since the operation on both knees and I'm pleased to say I am starting back at work as a train conductor this Tuesday. There have been many ups and downs,tearful moments and funny moments and as sure as this website proves - there will be a lot of people who will experience similar highs and lows. I would like to thank everyone whose story I have read as it has been reassuring to know I have not been alone in my battle to regain full fitness. I will now say cheerio to you all and I wish you all the best in your recovery's that lie ahead and remember you are all unique and all recoveries will be slightly different, but by sticking together I'm sure you will all have a better quality of life than when you started. Thank you again and goodbye.

12 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am sooo glad to hear that all is well with you and you new knees....take care.
  • Posted

Well done you! I am still struggling at 19 weeks, so how you coped with two beats me - I am in awe!! Enjoy the knees (but not going back to work!!)
  • Posted

Yes, I remember you. And I am so happy for you.

Well done, and good luck 

Caz x

• Posted

As a comparative "newby " Crispin I can only say very well done and hope your first day back at work goes really well for you.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Good luck, Crispin. You are truly amazing to be returning to work so soon. Hope you go from strength to strength. 
  • Posted

Good luck . . hope your return to work is successful.  Always good to hear of peope with successful outcomes. At times it's easy to wonder if we shall ever get there!  
  • Posted

I hane not had my tkr yet (end of this month) but even without first hand experience I am in awe ,returning to your line of work after 14 week is fantastic  hat off to tou.Hope all goes well and best wishes!
  • Posted

Good luck Crispin and I hope all goes well for you. My left TKR op was carried out on 22nd October 2014 and although I'm doing very well, I still get problems if I over do it, so please be careful!

best wishes Glenda 

• Posted

Hi Glendale had my TKR in November 2014 and I am the same as you I still get problems if I over do it . Still have two or three good days followed by one bad and still a  lot of soreness at night . But am making a slow return to work

gillian

• Posted

I had mine in November 14 too.  Yesterday I stood for a long while in the cold and am paying for if today, I can hardly walk.   Painful night snd feel back to square one.  Doesn't pay to do too much
    • Posted

And mine was the 27th Oct 2014, & boy, am I still having problems. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday, & a consultant review on the 30th March. What an idiot I was thinking I'd be back to normal in a couple of months! We're all around a similar time frame, & all saying similar things.
    • Posted

Wonder why, is it another phase of this post op?  I am having pain on the sideif the knee snd it feels like giving way when I walk.nnalwo behin the knee is as sore as it was pre-op.  It's really getting me down today.
    • Posted

It's a different pain re the pre-op one, but more uncomfortable, as we'd all lived with our old knee pain for so long, I presume we'd all got used to it - these pains crop up all over the operated area! I also have 3 swellings - hence the ultrasound. I long to be normal........
    • Posted

Oh dear, I'm only at nine weeks . . didn't realise how much it still hurt until I stopped the opiates!  Hard morning taking my husband to different hospital tests, followed by supermarket. . knee hot and painful now!  Looks as if I have months and months of this yet. . . . I really think they should warn you what a huge impact this op has on your life!
    • Posted

Yes we all seem to be in the same boat! It would have been helpful to have been given a booklet detailing the time scale to recovery at the outset! Is there anyone out there who can let us know when your TKR becomes pain free?!
    • Posted

There is a young (40-ish) lady in my village who has had both her knees done, exactly 12 weeks apart, & she said she never used opiates, slept through the night after the 1st week & was totally pain free within 12 weeks of each TKR. I used to watch her popping out for a walk & admire her - since having mine done (in the same place) - I want to scream when I see her!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.