Timing??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am in the middle of a flare, and wondered how much pain I have to endure

before I call for help?? 

0 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello Jackie...you had an early start I see whereas I've slept in and believe it or not woke with nagging pain again this morning sad    Seems to have subsided now but still feel as if I've had no sleep even though I slept quite well...maybe the antibiotics making me feel like this.  A bit fed up now as I was expecting to feel loads better this morning and had planned going out but now I don't feel like doing anything much.  Glad you're feeling a lot better especially with holiday imminent.  No idea what to eat today any ideas?
    • Posted

False alarm Lainie , Now feeling quite nauseous ,had a few heaves ,does this tab do the same to you/
  • Posted

Actually this medication seems to suit me quite well as, apart from the tiredness.  I'm not only allergic to penicillin but quite a few other antibiotics unfortunately, so I was alittle apprehensive starting these last time but knew I had to as was in so much pain.  Feel alittle better now after eating.  Hope things settle down for you as the day goes on
    • Posted

I can see Windermere will become a no-no

Will wait until tomorrow before I cancel No doubt I will lose my deposit

and some  more  

I am allergic to lots of meds,including Iodine

Glad you are on the mend, 

• Posted

Spoke too soon, pain around again!!  Going to have a fennel tea and honey and back to bed with hot water bottle for a rest, it's what the doctor recommended anyway lots of rest.  I do hope you manage to get away but only you know what's for the best.  We're away in 3 weeks so I just hope I'm sorted by then.  We had to cancel our holiday abroad earlier this year as my husband had a heart attack, thankfully he got over it quite well and seems to be fighting fit now. He's shopping at the moment then coming back to make me some gluten free flatbreads which seem to suit me better than that awful gluten free bread!  Will try to come online later to see how you're doing...Lainie x
    • Posted

I'm back in bed.I had to phone 111 again. Got the doctor at out of hours

clinic,so I told him about the tab making me feel sick,so he prescribed

Ciprofloxacin  antibiotic and Cyclizine for the sickness He faxed it through to Boots at the mall, so it was  up, dress ,go ,wait home 

took one of the sick pills and hoping for the best

Mother (96) is now playing up saying that she is too unwell to go to 

the respite home on Monday. she does this every time I try to get a 

break  

Have you tried Warburtons thins ?Bread, that others with your gluten prob, and have no probs wth it

At least you have three weeks to feel better, I have one day, don't

think I'm going to make it

• Posted

So sorry to hear your news. Did you feel sick when you had that medication last time?  I think one of the side effects says feeling sick.  Can really sympathise with you regarding your Mom.  When both my parents were booked into respite so I could have a holiday my Mom always used to make excuses not to go.  Even if you decide not to go away on Monday I would try to get your Mom to respite, even that would give you a much needed break and at least you will be able to relax knowing she's being looked.

Regarding food, I'm trying the Warburtons thins.  I have tried them before but can't make up my mind whether they suit me or not.  Flat breads made while I was having a rest, so at least I know they won't upset me.

Had a good hours sleep but still feel tired and intermittent pain again but not as bad as before. 

Hope this new lot of medication suits you better and fingers crossed you make the break

• Posted

I did have Metronazole, which was fine ,This one is called

Metronidazole. a generic, not fine ,the generics  of other drugs that I have  been given to me in the past, have caused bad side effects

and I insisted on being given the real Mc- Coy so I assume this is 

what has happened again  Cheap generics given by G.P.to save a 

few bob  only causes more  problems 

If I don't go it's going to cost me a lot of money ,because I was going

to treat myself and stay in an expensive hotel 

If I feel off tomorrow i'm just going to stop taking anymore tabs

except Paracetamol

• Posted

Ah well Lainie, I haven't made it ,just Emailed to cancel my

holiday Sad old life,when it's ruled by a pain

Hpoe you are on the mend

• Posted

Hi Jackie....just typed you a long message only for it to disappear into thin air!!  Sorry to hear you've had to cancel long awaited holiday, wouldn't they let you rearrange booking for another time?  What's happening with your Mom, is she still booked into respite?

I keep thinking I may be in the same boat as you when we're due to go, at least we're not going abroad this time like when we had to cancel earlier this year with my husband being ill.

I'm not feeling so good today been awake on and off in the night with really bad wind and pain, so not sure what to eat today.  Think I might go back to liquid diet for a couple of days see if that helps, althought I'm due to be going out for a meal tomorrow as it's my youngest sons birthday.

I'm so glad my G.P. made me a follow up appointment for this week to see how things were.  Going to ask him if he can give me any better pain relief as paracetamol not touching this pain sad

• Posted

Hello Lainie, sorry to be so long getting back to you, but things got a

lot worse about an hour after taking the 3rd "new" anibiotic My heart was literally thudding ,my face was very hot,I felt swimmy and my

tongue felt sore Si took my temp 35.took my pulse 86 both high 

so it was 111, gave details a chat,and wasn'teven told they would ring back,a clinician heard it all again,and suggested  I go to A&E

and have a heart trace because of my history,I said no, that i wasn't

going to spend any more money on taxis so she If they NHS paid would I go , and I said yes Was duly picked up ,reception told the

story sat, and was called in after only ten mins to Triage story told 

again taken straight through to the "hoding pen" nurse did the trace 

Dr came soon-ish story told again, who got the stethescope

revved up   went away ,to chat to someone, came back, and said 

to stop taking the antibiotics (told him they were the cause)

heart tracing was a bit different due to past surgery. Was given a Piriton type tab, and told to see my dr if the pain came back I said

no chance so he said to tell them that A&E said they must

If the dr had seen me on Friday when I asked none of this would

have happened .Arrived home 11-45 taxi paid for by me 

Ma was fast asleep.so I woke her up  Slept like a log had a good

breakfast and given ma an hour before I take her to respite 

Like your idea of speaking to the hotel, will do it ,after you.

Sounds as though you have a doctor who you can access I now 

resort to the pharmasist  or 111 can't remember the last time I actually saw MY gp Hope you get sorted . it's the worst of all my 

ailments and I hate it for interfering in my life 

• Posted

Hello again,

Getting a bit worried as haven't heard anything from you, I hope you're resting and that's why you haven't been online. 

I'm no worse but no better really.  Had to go to bed earlier as I felt so tired and did sleep for an hour or so.

Get in touch when you can and let me know how you are.

Lainie x

• Posted

Hello Lainie, my turn to worry about you .

Just give me a nod, so my stress level can go down again x

• Posted

Hello Jackie, sorry for not being around today.  I slept really well last nightfor a change and felt a lot better this morning.  Decided to go out and visit family.  Think I've overdone it a little though and feeling so tired now. 

Didn't have any pain today until I was on way back home then it was hovering around again but at the moment, apart from being tired, feel ok.  Not sure if it's the antibiotics that have at last started to work or the fact I've really been careful what I've eaten.

I hope you're feeling better too, let me know when you can x

• Posted

thank goodness .You had me worried. Sounds as though you are recovering like I did. Felt so drained and tired after doing very little I think it

the fault of the tabs, and I had 3 different ones roaming around ,even

though not for long 

Went to Chatsworth for a drive ,sun came out, saw the deer ,and 

decided to lunch there ,so had leek and potato soup and a slice of

white bread ,cautiously took the crusts off ,no probs didn't feel tired,

I was out for about 5 hrs so I must be on the mend, AT LAST 

bought the vit D and probiotic tabs suggested by Holland & Barrets

as she said the Yakult are expensive and have to be consumed

before they turn

Must say that I am enjoying the peace and quiet,even though my

holiday evaporated again !1

The machine just crashed for no reason that I know of , so just

did what it said for me to do, and hey presto ,back on line

I'm ready for my breakfast, must be a good sign.

Have an appt with the colonoscopy chappie soon , I think I have

already told you that, The thing is I get verbals. i love writing letters

but everyone just pops notes onto  Email and it's not the same

enough , night, sleep tight x

• Posted

That was a super quick reply!!  lol.  Glad you felt better enough to go out too.  I've never been to Chatsworth and always wanted to.  My husband has promised to take me but no idea when.

I'm off to bed now as have to be up early to have my youngest grandson, just hoping I still feel better tomorrow as he's only 13 months and into everything now.

I love writing letters too but no one seems to do that like you said.

Speak tomorrow...here's hoping we're both on the way to recovery.

Nite Nite x

• Posted

Good Morning!  Thought before I go out I'd let you know I've had another good night, hope you have too.

Had breakfast and antibiotic..only one left now then back to doctor tomorrow.

Had hoped to go to the park today but weather is not good, been raining and think we're due for more.  If it changes then I'll go with baby and dog, I think the exercise will do us all good.

Catch you later, enjoy your day x

• Posted

Hello Jackie....

Last couple of days no pain!!!  Have slept like a baby too after being constantly woken up with pain.

Finding it difficult about eating though.  Not much appetite and what I fancy I know I can't have.

How are you doing?  Wondered what had happened as you'd not been on here for a few days.

• Posted

Hello again,

Just thought I'd report that after my last post earlier today since about 3pm been experiencing extreme colicky pain again!!!  Don't know if it's something I've eaten but I have been rather stressed today.  Just getting a little fed up now...only gone a few days with without this sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.