Tingling from head to toe

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone in peri or menopause experience tingling all over, i seem to be getting this quite a lot at at the moment. It also gived me an upset stomach, nausea and make me feel off balance. Do you think this is something to do with the menopause i'm 51 years old. many thanks x

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

bless you anxious face, i use to feel odd when i did have a period, a few days before, but as i only have two a year i did not know i had one coming, about 10 days before I would have the worst headache ever for up to four days, feel really sick and dizzy and tingly like you say, its awful.. could maybe you have a period on its way?

i was given some tablets yesterday for anxiety, i took one and two hours later, my head was thumping, i felt awful, really sick, and couldnt walk straight, was banging into wall when leaving room, Doc gave me

Escitalopram 20mg, I had headache when i went to bed and all night, no way am I taking any more , i have to drive so no good for me those...

• Posted

Thank you so much. Iv not had a period fot 3 months so dont know where i am. Do you really think this is causing these horrendous symptoms? I do hope you feel better after a sleep. Im now afraid of medication cos of side effects. Hugs x
  • Posted

Anxious face, could well be, you may have a period on the way, also as well as what i mentioned before i have one coming, I also felt like fainting, if I was out shopping, I needed to sit down and wondered if I would make it to the checkout awful..

also even though I had no period I would still have symptoms, and think I was going to have one, but didnt.

i been like it for 8 years, but only now has the anxiety kicked in badly...

• Posted

OMG 8 years. I cant manage like this at work, i had to come home today . I was hoping to try and get some of my life back this yr but as iv only been like this for i think 2 yrs it look like i have a long way to go. Are you in work? If so how did you manage. I know how your feeling with anxiety & it makes everything worse. What have we done in life to deserve this? hope tomorrow will br better for us. Thanks for your support x
  • Posted

anxious face, yes 8 years, i was told i was peri in 2006, so this is my 8th year, i read it can be 2 to 10 years, you may not be like me, lets hope..

i had just two periods in 2013, and three in 2012, when you are one year with none. you have reached menopause, mine is taking forever.

yes i did work and found it helped, kept me focused on something else, but I don't at the current moment..

glad I don't at this present moment..

have you had the menopause blood test ... take care... hugs back xx

• Posted

My doctor said the blood tests were unreliable but went on symptoms but my doc doesnt want to know & makes me feel im wasting his time so the only help i get is from this site as i dont know anyone whos gone or going through this. Oh dear what are we like . Hugs
  • Posted

thats terrible, you can buy menopause tests that you wee on too..

maybe try one if you want to know for sure...

well we have to stick together, i too have no one to talk to, my mum went through hers at 42 all finished..

• Posted

so sorry to bother you again lovely jayneejay, where do i get the menopause test from cos i'd like to try that.

Your mum was young going through her's wasn't she. My sister who's 4 years older than me has never had a single symptom but then again she never had PMT like i did and mum died when she was 45 so i have no one close to talk to either, i'm sure my sister thinks i imagine it and it cant be all that bad. (i wish mad ). i'm still feeling tingly and my stomachs upset like PMT sort of or its as if i want to go to the loo but i don't, do you know what i mean by that. You'll be sick of me today cos i'v never stopped going on but please be aware you've been a tremendous help to me and i hope i can give that back to someone some day soon. xx

• Posted

anxious face, dont be silly, i dont mind talking to you at all, anytime, are you in uk as boots do the tests

i live in Spain but i know you can get them in uK as I did back in 2006.. i just checked boots on the net and they do them, maybe you can get cheaper ones too..

yes i had that too. always at the loo, felt like a full bladder and it wasnt...

i know exactly what your saying, i had years with the sensitive bladder always needed a wee when out and shopping, drove my partner mad, he said stop drinking so much, but i wasnt...now its alot better..

i use to get up once or twice in the night aswell..

Emis Moderator comment: Sorry for the delay approving this but I have had to remove the link as we do not publish links directly to sites like this. You can use the Message service (click "Message" under the name in the left column) to exchange these or use Google as suggested in next post.

• Posted

anxious face i just did a reply, but as i put an website link on the message it needs to be approved ..

it was for Boots, they do menopause tests, are you in UK ( i am in Spain) but i know they do them, i had them in 2006..

google menopause tests or type it in boots website and have a look

hey, i don't mind at all that you talk its nice to share... i too use to feel like loo all the time, full bladder when it wasnt, my doc said i had sensitive bladder due to hormone changes and gave me some tablets for it and they were good. you need to find a better doctor one thats going to help and give blood tests and a menopause blood test, maybe a well woman clinic or something...

• Posted

hi anxious face

just thought i would let you know, UK amazon also do menopause tests, just spotted them when i was on there , hope your okay... 😃

• Posted

Hello hun how have you been today hope its been a good one.thank ill look on amazon. Iv still got the tingles but not as bad as yesterday. Did you really tingle all ovet your body? Its really odd. How you coping with your anxiety hun. Why do we get like this? Take care x
  • Posted

Hi anxious face,

before a period i did feel tingly, terrible headaches could last for days, and sick, so sick i felt..

but maybe not as severe as you the tingly feeling..

do you have a family plan clinic near you, as they do well woman clinics ( use to ) get a free check from them, your doctor sounds terrible, normally they offer full blood check and a menopause blood test, my doc did in 2006, you need some advice and a check....

• Posted

Hi,

Tingling sensations can be caused by b12 deficiency which is far more common these days than people realise. I would get a blood test to check if you read list of deficiency symptoms for b12 and they all ring a bell, as it can cause irreversible nerve damage and is such an easy fix... you can either get b12 shots or take subingual b12 if you think there is a problem.

Sometimes that deficiency can make you feel chills... this is how I felt as well as having tingling sensation in my fingers and extremities as well as loss of sensation in some areas.

• Posted

Forgot to say also balance is affected, and digestion. So yes... I would definitely get a blood check on that. Your GP may ask if you eat red meat and then fob you off and say you don't need a check if you do... don't take that nonsense. I was a meat eater and my b12 was very low, and showed on hair tests which show more of what is happening over the long term as opposed to what is seen on in the blood on one blood draw. The hair tests also showed many other deficiencies such as all B vitamins and D.

Best yet my GP ran iron tests which showed me as anemic, treated me for anaemia with iron and vit c, but after a few months I was still anaemic as b12 is needed for you to properly absorb iron etc. I was feeling quite fatigued a lot of the time with pain in joints, tendons, and as I said had the chills in bed at night and could not seem to get warm when lying still.

It can also make you feel depressed and cause irregular digestion and the symptoms of IBS, so really does need to be checked and corrected if this is your problem.

• Posted

Hi laidir

Just came across your reply.. 

Very interested to read that B12 deficiency can cause digestion problems.. Along with all my peri symptoms I also suffer with horrible stomach problems.. Indigestion..  Upset tummy etc daily.

About to start on Busy B supplement so hopefully it will help this side of things too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.