Tinnitus

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had a heart attack 4 years ago and take among other drugs Bisoporol.

I have developed Tinnitus in both ears, normal whistle and bells in one ear and pulsative in the other.

I decided to night to just check side effects of the drug, i only take 1.25 but it does say that it can cause ringing in the ears.

I have had this condition for a few years and never connected the two till tonight, has anyone else suffered the same please.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

The doctor prescribed me Bisoprolol 5mg two pills a day for two to three weeks, then I started weaning a little until it stopped completely after less than two months and the symptoms began to appear. Less but still. Three months since I stopped taking this evil drug, the secret heartbeat and dizziness have gone away, but I still have a sore throat, suffocation, frequent swallowing, difficulty swallowing, and the ringing in the ears, but it became lighter, and when I asked the doctor, he told me it has nothing to do with this drug. I suffer from anxiety with Knowing that I did not suffer from such symptoms in my life until after I used Bisoprolol and stopped it. I am much better, but anxiety always accompanies me. As for pain when swallowing or pressure on the ears, but according to what I read here, I am not the only one. Almost everyone suffers from the same symptoms, and this is somewhat reassuring. I hope whoever found a cure that speeds up the withdrawal process will help us and everyone's safety

• Posted

i,m on a very low dose Bisoprolol for SVT. i had such bad side effects with the ringing in the ears and feeling drunk. i have tried to come off them many times but have failed because of the symptoms and go back on them again. that ringing in my ears drives me mad on bad days.

• Edited

You have to stop taking the medicine gradually and the symptoms will improve. After stopping, I suffered from annoying ringing in the ears, and now I am in the third month, the ringing in the ears has improved greatly. I feel that it has started to decrease. There are natural pills called ginkgo that treat dizziness and ringing in the ears. I have been using them for two months and do not need a wise prescription, believe me Bisoprolol It is an annoying drug and it is not a cure. I regret its use even though I only used it for two months, but unfortunately for the first two weeks every day is 10 mg so far. Sometimes I feel discomfort while swallowing food, tinnitus, dizziness, but for sure there is a strong improvement. I am now taking all kinds of vitamins, the most important of which is vitamin D

• Posted

Wow! I've been BP 2.5mg for 2 yrs and then 1.25mg for 3 months.I've had Tinnitus as well. Never thought of it being connected. Thank you for bringing this topic up. I'm off BP for 12 days now.. no side effects, and feel way better.

• Posted

hello, is anyone still active on this forum? i plan on stopping Bisoprolol soon. as i do not want to rely on this medication forever.

i am on 5mg. 2.5 morning and 2.5 night.

i have inappropriate sinus tachycardia but its not too severe.

before i started Bisoprolol in January my resting heart rate was between 90-101. whilst on Bisoprolol my Resting HR is 80. a couple of weeks ago i stopped taking it (weaning off over a couple weeks)

my heart rate has never been so high! i thought i was going to die and couldn't stop shaking with fear.

am i going to have to stay on this forever? i feel hopeless and don't know what to do 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.